• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having just gotten my CologneReview split in the mail today, going to bust some Amouage Reflections at my shift tonight.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Having just gotten my CologneReview split in the mail today, going to bust some Amouage Reflections at my shift tonight.

I feel ambivalent towards reflection.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
With the weather warming up I'm thinking of picking up a light aquatic that you guys love so much. Any recs?

Aramis New West

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
Has anyone tried Juun J. or Damir Doma's Six Scent series offerings? If so, how are they?

anyone?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
Has anyone tried Juun J. or Damir Doma's Six Scent series offerings? If so, how are they?

No, but what I've heard hasn't been strong. I think Dane reviewed a few of them on peredepierre.

Originally Posted by Big Pun
Rochas Man today, rather like this one. With the weather warming up I'm thinking of picking up a light aquatic that you guys love so much. Any recs?

Aramis New West, or maybe YSL Live Jazz or Kouros Cologne Sport.

Today though, I have a cold and went with something that should cut through the phlegm: Chanel Antaeus

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I feel ambivalent towards reflection.

After one wear, I'd probably say the same. For the retail price of this one, I feel that it should blow you away on all fronts. And while it is one of the most unique scents I've ever smelled, I can't say that I was immediately taken by it.

It's intriguing to be sure, and it makes me want to wear it again to try to figure it out more, but it just lacked a "killer" nature to it, as apparently Jubliation XXV has (according to reviews I've read/watched/gathered). Something that just captures you and leaves you enthralled.

Upon smelling it for the first time, the pepper in it struck me most quickly. Not in a put-offish way, but definitely a nostril burner if you're not expecting it. I could also pick up some powdery florals (most likely jasmine/orchid). At application, the neroli and bitter orange came out a bit more - moreso than just smelling it from the bottle. About 30 minutes in, I also got a phase of the scent where it smelled like "blackened Dr. Pepper", the best way I can describe it. It projected it's top and middle notes very well for about 5 hours before it began to settle down into the sandalwood and vetiver (the two listed base notes that I could most easily identify). It definitely gets sweeter as it goes along, but never approaches Creed-sweetness ( which is the only other niche brand with which I've had experience).

I think it's an intriguing scent, and I want to wear it again. For sure, it's not a day-to-day sort of deal, so I think my 30mL split will suit its nature nicely. I enjoy it, but just wish it possessed that "capture you" trait I had originally anticipated.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Bois du Portugal today. I haven't worn this in awhile and it will be interesting to see if my opinion of BdP changes now that I have been wearing Tuscon Leather.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
ok so I am wearing Tuscan Leather today and I don't know if I'm sickened or pleased but I can still smell Guerlain L'Instant Homme on my arms from yesterday. its certainly a weird combination.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Bois du Portugal today. I haven't worn this in awhile and it will be interesting to see if my opinion of BdP changes now that I have been wearing Tuscon Leather.

Having tried both myself, I think I personally lean towards BdP...

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd take Tuscan Leather over BDP anyday
smile.gif

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Having tried both myself, I think I personally lean towards BdP...

Originally Posted by rioni
I'd take Tuscan Leather over BDP anyday
smile.gif

boxing[1].gif

I've been happily wearing BdP all day, but I'd have to say TL is a richer scent. I am wearing BdP at work but I don't think I'd wear TL. on the other hand TL has become my default Going Out At Night frag. I'm keeping both in the arsenal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads