• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
clothing is not a science experiment.. its just not that serious

Then why are you always putting people on blast for their style choices man? Pot, meet kettle.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I think Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink" is a good framework. You learn a lot by looking/reading/learning and then you just kind of go by snap judgements that come from the gut.

i had to read blink in a law school class called Judgement & Decision Making Seminar
smile.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i had to read blink in a law school class called Judgement & Decision Making Seminar
smile.gif

Some rich irony in this sentence.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
maybe this has been posted before ...
interview w/ blackbird's owner

The comments are awesome
This is the dumbest **** I've ever read. Real men "” real American men "” don't care about fashion or trends, they care about style, and style doesn't require "innovation" in the form of drop-crotch shorts and mesh shirts ("I am ahead of the curve and complicated and therefore I am wearing ALL BLACK.")

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i love mauro/wvg but the wvg blog makes me wants to commit genocide

agreed but the goal of that blog is not to be SF approved and mauro could care less about it

they just want to get as many hits possible and be outlandish enough to get the "normal" folk's attention and get wvg's name out there

but yeah i wonder if its actually accomplishing anything positive to the brand ...

in other news, any dc locals going to the egg hunt? teger?

pfurey

Reaction score
The gitman x oc restock just happened and I couldn't order fast enough. What is wrong with me?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Some rich irony in this sentence.

it was the best class ever ... total BS course and everyone got A-

only class discussions, had to teach one class, and a short paper based on a bunch of NON-law books and how society, upbringing, culture impacts decisions and us as lawyers lol

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
agreed but the goal of that blog is not to be SF approved and mauro could care less about it

they just want to get as many hits possible and be outlandish enough to get the "normal" folk's attention and get wvg's name out there

but yeah i wonder if its actually accomplishing anything positive to the brand ...

in other news, any dc locals going to the egg hunt? teger?

its just so poorly written and terrible

too busy to make it up, sad
frown.gif

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I need a suit real bad. Stuff keeps popping up where everyone wears suits and I look like a fool because I don't have one.

Buy mine, sucka
lol8[1].gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
I've just started to penetrate the aesthetic

ayooooooooooooooo

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p.s. sorry APK

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was the best class ever ... total BS course and everyone got A-

only class discussions, had to teach one class, and a short paper based on a bunch of NON-law books and how society, upbringing, culture impacts decisions and us as lawyers lol

really funny how this model seems to apply to all BS classes.

Though Im currently in one that is an absolute nightmare and I am close to failing. Follows that same basic model but the volume of work is huge and the classmates and teacher display a brand of stupidity that is painful.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Don't know what the weight is, but it is damned thick. Not even sure if it's calfskin or horse or what. Any suspicions?

I'm gonna lean towards calf, since the grain seems pretty smooth, but it could be front quarter horse. It's creasing and graining like calf. Calf and horse can both be thick naturally, over 2mm thick if you want it that thick. Bridle cow leather is obviously very thick, it goes up to like 6mm or more.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
really funny how this model seems to apply to all BS classes.

Though Im currently in one that is an absolute nightmare and I am close to failing. Follows that same basic model but the volume of work is huge and the classmates and teacher display a brand of stupidity that is painful.

not surprised of other classmates but if the teacher is stupid that can be terrible. i feel for you bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads