• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you compared to your significant other

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
I'm about a foot taller than my wife (I'm 6'2") and there are times, in public, if she's not wearing heels that we look ever so slightly silly together. Doesn't really bother me, though I am always getting asked to reach for things.

Never really been with a tall girl. It think the tallest I've been with must be about 5'6".

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting how none of the 75 votes so far is for couple of the same height (+/-1)

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
I notice that Vox has weighed in. Who is the other guy at < -16 ?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
I notice that Vox has weighed in. Who is the other guy at < -16 ?

Foo?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently single, but I've never dated anyone over 5'3&quot; - so at least ten inches taller on average.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Where the hell are you guys finding all these girls who are 5'1-5'3? 4'8??? WTF? Every girlfriend I've had has been 5'6 to 5'9.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Lol every girlfriend I've had is usually right around 5'2. Never really thought anything of it..not a huge fan of the tall girls. A girl my height (6'1-6'2) would be weird to me. The tallest girl I've dated is probably 5'5ish.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
im 6'3 and shes 5'2

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im 6'4&quot;, she's 5'11&quot;. The shortest I've gone is 5'3&quot; but I'd say the average girl I've dated is between 5'6&quot; to 5'9&quot;.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Interesting how none of the 75 votes so far is for couple of the same height (+/-1)
Same thought

Originally Posted by corneliusparky
Where the hell are you guys finding all these girls who are 5'1-5'3? 4'8??? WTF? Every girlfriend I've had has been 5'6 to 5'9.

Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
Lol every girlfriend I've had is usually right around 5'2. Never really thought anything of it..not a huge fan of the tall girls. A girl my height (6'1-6'2) would be weird to me. The tallest girl I've dated is probably 5'5ish.
puzzled.gif

Originally Posted by DerekS
im 6'3 and shes 5'2
puzzled.gif

What's the opposite of napoleon complex
laugh.gif
Where are all the psych majors or Dr. Phil
enthusiasts? Surely someone can offer a quasi-psychological explanation why tall men enjoy being with shorter than average women.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by corneliusparky

Average is 5'4" for women in the US, shorter in some ethnic groups. Short women are not exactly uncommon.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Officially at 6'4 after my physical yesterday. My girl is 5'6. I find that I still like to be a bit taller even when she is wearing some ridiculously high heels

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For current GF: about 2in - I'm 5ft8 she's 5ft6/5.5
shortest I've dated was about 5ft2 and tallest was half a inch taller than me
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
WTF?

What's with all you tall guys stealing the shorties from us shorties?

But really, I always thought that tall guys--and all guys--prefer tall women. These girls of you must be pretty hot. I mostly see couples of roughly the same height all the time. This is strange.

IME its b/c there's an inordinate amount of short (5ft3 and under) women that are obsessed with tall men and guys that tower over them, like 10in+ height difference. The shortest girl I dated (5ft2) - I was the shortest guy she'd dated (still 6in taller than her) and most of her past bf were 6ft2 or taller... while the tallest girl I've dated (5ft8.5) I was pretty normal for her, almost every guy she'd dated was within and inch or so of her height in either direction.
-I've found this to be pretty common... I get alot more attention from women that are 5ft4-5ft7 than I do from shorter women (unfortunately my preference is short, petite women
ffffuuuu.gif
)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
What's the opposite of napoleon complex
laugh.gif
Where are all the psych majors or Dr. Phil
enthusiasts? Surely someone can offer a quasi-psychological explanation why tall men enjoy being with shorter than average women.

I dont discriminate. I like em tall or short....I just like em hot.
wink.gif
Ive always had a preference for petite girls though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads