• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite 80's Music?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Michael Jackson was never really part of my childhood (probably for the best inorite? lawl.) Pretty much everything I heard at the time was determined by two of my older sisters, one of whom basically listened to WLIR/punk/post-punk, and the other of whom listened to college/alternative rock in its incipient stages.

If you had asked me at the time what my favorite Madonna song was, I probably would have said "Live To Tell", but I was certainly never much of a fan. It took me another 20 years to realize what an awesome song "Like a Prayer" really was.

but a lot of people are claiming that michael jackson was a very very big part of their childhood.
rimshot.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
but a lot of people are claiming that michael jackson was a very very big part of their childhood.
rimshot.gif

That joke was already implied in my post.
plain.gif

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dire straits- romeo and juliet

LordWanker

Reaction score
One To One - Hold Me Now
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Berlin - Now it's my Turn
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Killing Jar

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Peter Shilling - Major Tom (Völlig Losgelöst)

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Cult - Wild Flower

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Love and Rockets - Yin and Yang and the Flowerpot Man

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Peter Murphy - Cuts You Up

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. CHALK CIRCLE - 20th Century Boy

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. CHALK CIRCLE - This Mourning

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. CHALK CIRCLE - April Fool

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
the best decade in music history, if i might say so. i could go on forever and ever but i'll just list a few of the most legendary acts in a decade full of legends:
220px-TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg
220px-Talking_Heads_-_Speaking_in_Tongues.jpg
220px-DuranRio.jpg
220px-DMviolator.jpg
(recorded in 89!)
220px-Nojacket.jpg
(hated this as a child, lol. one of the best albums ever!)
220px-Police-album-synchronicity.jpg
Tears_for_Fears_Songs_from_the_Big_Chair.jpg
220px-Listenlikethieves.jpg
220px-ShesSoUnusual1984.PNG
220px-PetShopBoysPlease.jpg
220px-Billy_Idol_Album.jpg
/thread

LordWanker

Reaction score
PLATINUM BLONDE - Doesn't Really Matter

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Honeymoon Suite - Burning In Love

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. GLASS TIGER - Thin Red Line

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Alannah Myles - Still Got This Thing For You ( well not quite 80s)

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. THE SPOONS - Nova Heart

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jesus & Mary Chain - Just Like Honey

Mighty Lemon Drops - Into The Heart Of Love

Echo & The Bunnymen - The Cutter

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Echo did an uncredited cover of "People are Strange" and it was a really good cover.

Extra points if you can name the campy movie it appeared in.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Oh, tried to link the video yesterday but don't think I found a link. Phil Collins, In the Air Tonight. Who has not done air drums to that riff?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
If I ever become a serial killer, that's going to be my entrance song.

TKDKid

Reaction score
Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

James - Sit Down

Suzanne Vega - Luka

Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads