• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
mezzy's please. Great price

yeah selling a bunch from farinelli's leftover inventory ... last pair

ill pm you with "mezzy's" in like 20 min

Rayson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
two turns is fine, imo. more than that and it probably needs a hem.
clee - vast improvement! those look very good. i think they will stretch.

I agree re clee and hem looks fine folded over, it's just with one turn you get to show off the chain-stitch (if you've had them hemmed at the right place).

Opermann

Reaction score
How do slim fits compare to slim bootcuts? Are they generally the same through the thigh with a smaller leg opening? How does the rise compare to the low straights. Slim is the only cut I haven't tried and I'm just worried about it being too slim. Love the bootcut fit though.

King Leer

Reaction score
Slim Fits are tighter through the thigh at straigt cut. Slim boots are tapered though with a drastic flare in the last 3-4 inches on the bottom. I personally have 1 Pair of Slim Fit Black and two pair of Slim Bootcut that i've gotten altered to keep the taper going and take out the flare at the bottom.

Better rise, more room but not too generous a seat.

I prefer the Slim Bootcut fit more than the Slim Fit, if that helps.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Leer
Slim Fits are tighter through the thigh at straigt cut. Slim boots are tapered though with a drastic flare in the last 3-4 inches on the bottom. I personally have 1 Pair of Slim Fit Black and two pair of Slim Bootcut that i've gotten altered to keep the taper going and take out the flare at the bottom.

Better rise, more room but not too generous a seat.

I prefer the Slim Bootcut fit more than the Slim Fit, if that helps.

Sorry, can you clarify? Do you mean Slim Fits are tighter through the thigh than Slim Boots? And do you mean "Better rise, more room but not too generous a seat" for Slim Boots?

I'm still confused on these two cuts.

King Leer

Reaction score
Correct, Slim fits are tighter through the thigh than Slim Bootcut. and yes, the rise is better than the Slim Fit, IMO.

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Leer
Slim boots are tapered though with a drastic flare in the last 3-4 inches on the bottom.

I've never heard anyone describe the slim bootcuts as having a drastic flare before. Mine are virtually straight from the knee down. If you're used to heavily tapered jeans then they may seem drastic but the bootcut is very subtle.

B.

JasonV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
never though I would venture to that one, will check it out this weekend and report

The sales assistant in Bond St mentioned they send most of their RRL to the Fulham Road store, only had one shirt in Bond St store!

I'll wait for sales and keep the ebay hunt going!

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it kinda looks like my one washed low straight color, and it does look a little distressed if you compare the pics on contextclothing.com.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slim fit is unisex. ones with 2% lycra have stretch and are womens. this is just a small a$$ mens jean for skinny dudes

and her measuremetns seem off for a 28!?!?!?

but yeah looks washed so pass anyway.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why pass? those look good and will only get better with wear.

today, i got something that none of yall have ever seen before...at least i don't think. i will post pics soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads