• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my first success today, a very nice Canali SC. Unfortunately it's too big for me. Oh well.
ikAgTA.JPG
ikAjbI.JPG

Temujin

Reaction score
Black-John White London Sz 10
Brown Pebble-Hanover sz 8 D
Pre-polishing of course

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
I just witnessed a miracle.

My coworker let me leave work an hour early, so I decided to swing by that same store quickly before I went home, and....

The jacket was there! I just bought it for 4 bucks! I'm officially converted to christianity.
laugh.gif

God I'm so happy. I also saw a tan suede jacket that fit me realy well, but it was a bit short and I'm not sure if i would ever wear it so i left it. I'm gonna sleep on it and go back tomorrow if i decide I want it.

Also saw a grey with pinstripes aquascutum suit in a 36L about, ill post some pics and see if anyone wants me to get it for them. It was 7.99.

is it just me or is that jacket nothing to write home about?
youre acting like its a cashmere Kiton,speaking of writing home about it:
today 2 brand new Brioni suits and a brand new Canali all 2 buttons
devil.gif
bigstar[1].gif

(sorry guys)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Found three suits, two sportcoats (one navy with metal buttons) and one pair of flannel odd trousers - all custom made. Very recent, most are from 2006. One of the trousers has "Oxxford Clothes" buttons on the waist for the braces - I think these may be made by Oxxford. All are about a 48 R. Mint condition. Will be up on B/S shortly.

48R American or European?

gdwy89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
is it just me or is that jacket nothing to write home about? youre acting like its a cashmere Kiton,speaking of writing home about it: today 2 brand new Brioni suits and a brand new Canali all 2 buttons
devil.gif
bigstar[1].gif
(sorry guys)

Let it be, let it be. Not all of us are as lucky as you. Case in point.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdwy89
Let it be, let it be. Not all of us are as lucky as you. Case in point.

i realize that,just being constructive...or else he will buy everything that fits him but is total crap.

JGLB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rose04
One Coach knit tie and a truly awesome 100% polyester Fokker Aviation emblematic with F28s and F27s. I can’t foresee ever wearing it, but still an absolute must have.
DSC03071Small.jpg

I was bored, and have the Coach product DB in front of me so I decided to see if I could find that tie. Zero results, either that Coach tie is; 1. Fake 2. Pre-1975 3. Completely missing from the product DB. Now it's entirely possible it could be option 3, the 75-02 records aren't 100% complete, especially for licensed items (especially if it's a pre-outsourcing licensed item).

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did i **** up by losing this? I felt it was a bit too old man-ish so I left it, then changed my mind and when I got back it was gone... ****!
It was a light brown herringbone.
frown.gif

Hmmm...I suppose the lapels are not as dated as I first thought, based on my 80's vintage S. V. herringbone SC.

picsay-1302719205.jpg
IMG_20110402_083402.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yep, dated. Sorry man.
ORGETORIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Nah just kidding. I'll probably wear it sparingly in the fall/winter. I still think it looks decent, despite the lapels. I just need to figure out how to match an outfit with it. Would a brown wool herringbone tie be too much? I think this is one of the most welling fitting jackets in the shoulders I've ever worn. With a sleeve hem and a bit of waist suppression plus new buttons all around to ward off the grandpa look, I'm down. I'm quite young though, I might need to dye my hair grey to pull it off.
laugh.gif
edit: Wait, Spoo and Moo (lol), you guys were talking about my jacket right? Digmenow's lapels are SUPER dated, mine pale in comparison.
laugh.gif
At least the lapel notch isn't low.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ORGETORIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Nah just kidding. I'll probably wear it sparingly in the fall/winter. I still think it looks decent, despite the lapels. I just need to figure out how to match an outfit with it. Would a brown wool herringbone tie be too much?

No, not yours, that looks good - Moo and I were talking to Dig.

Navi

Reaction score
^^ Oh, sweet!
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by frenchy
is it just me or is that jacket nothing to write home about? youre acting like its a cashmere Kiton,speaking of writing home about it: today 2 brand new Brioni suits and a brand new Canali all 2 buttons
devil.gif
bigstar[1].gif
(sorry guys)

Man, I find MAYBE one jacket/shirt a month that fits me. I like the jacket and think it will look pretty good with some work, sorry you don't but I wasn't buying it for you. Also I wasn't "writing home" about it, I was just shocked that it was there when I went back for kicks. I thought someone bought it. If I wasn't such a small guy it wouldn't be anything to mention, but I'm tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads