• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little help with Gaziano and Girling sizing

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I need the little help determining my G&G size. For the reference I have really good fit on C&J last 337 (10E) and AE last 8 (Size 11D).

I am interested smart round last DG 70. From the pictures on Nick's site it seems to me that this is longest last or this might be just my illusion. My second choice is TG73 last. Can some of you share your experience with me I would greatly appreciate that.

By the way I know I can order some shoes from Nick and return them if they do not fit but I would like to avoid going that route.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, it is safe to say for me then I should not go full size down TG73.

For some reason I like traditional english round last hence TG73 is not my first choice.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laufer
Hi folks,

I need the little help determining my G&G size. For the reference I have really good fit on C&J last 337 (10E) and AE last 8 (Size 11D).

I am interested smart round last DG 70. From the pictures on Nick's site it seems to me that this is longest last or this might be just my illusion. My second choice is TG73 last. Can some of you share your experience with me I would greatly appreciate that.

By the way I know I can order some shoes from Nick and return them if they do not fit but I would like to avoid going that route.

Conventional wisdom is that G&G's mainline last shapes all fit the same (I've only seen a small handful of people who have ever claimed that they needed different sizing for the DG70/TG73 lasts). If you are a US 11D for a AE last and a UK 10E for a C&J last, I will guarantee you that you will need to go with a UK 10.5E for G&G in general and the DG70 should fit fine.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laufer
Thanks for the reply, it is safe to say for me then I should not go full size down TG73. For some reason I like traditional english round last hence TG73 is not my first choice.
What Woe said is correct for all G&G shoes. Go down a half size from your normal American size. All G&G lasts fit the same! If you are an 11E in the TG73 then you are an 11E in the other 3 lasts as well.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks to everybody I will go with 10.5

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also trying to find the best size for a pair of G&G's. Does anyone know how the DG70 last fits? and what size I should get? I was thinking a size 8.5E. I am a US 9D and my best fitting shoe is the EG 888 last in 8.5/9E.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to agree with this, but I just got a pair in GG06 and I am US 9.5, UK 8.5, and I took a G&G 9.5 in these and they are almost tight.
confused.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I used to agree with this, but I just got a pair in GG06 and I am US 9.5, UK 8.5, and I took a G&G 9.5 in these and they are almost tight.
confused.gif

What the ****? I was considering a pair on GG06 in 10.5,you confuse me,dude.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
What the ****? I was considering a pair on GG06 in 10.5,you confuse me,dude.

Strange ****, I know. Im going to try and wear them again tomorrow - Ill let you know then. PM me if you want for more deets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads