• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
lol weren't you the one who told me that 8oz was awesome? then when I told you it was alright you said and i quote "dang, you got some high azz standards"

now look atcha

I was new to the game. It's like when I was posting pictures of Cole Haans here on the forum, haha.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
SF ice cream social??? Sign me up!
laugh.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
berlin currywurst on sunset in silverlake. AMAZING fries.

Pash

Reaction score
BURGER:
ApplePanBurger.JPG
Apple Pan - West LA ICE CREAM:
img_2524.jpg
Scoops - Heliotrope BRAZILIAN:
IMG_2132.jpg
Cafe Brazil - Mar Vista NORTHERN THAI:
2193985.28.jpg
Spicy BBQ - Hollywood BEST HIPSTER PHO:
pho.jpg
Pho Cafe - Silverlake (also has great Bún Thịt Nướng, not pictured)

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'm going there this weekend so I'll chime in with my expert opinion.
I'm pretty sure I've seen you use the word "foodie," which basically renders your opinion meaningless. Sorry.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pash

PHO:
4241726261_8f03058468.jpg

Pho Cafe - Silverlake

all vietnamese food is not pho, this is NOT pho.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I thought that was funny.

Originally Posted by mordecai
I'm pretty sure I've seen you use the word "foodie," which basically renders your opinion meaningless. Sorry.

Did I skullfuck your girl while you were at work or something big dawg?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on jitlada in hollywood..our any thai in that area .went a few weeks ago. It was good but not mind blowing...some of the renu nakorn/thai nakorn in oc were better.

Had some duck over rice, spicy mint noodle and a dish which was on food networks "the best things I ever ate" under spicy foods

X

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heading to red medicine tonight. went to spice table last week, was a much better version of street.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
heading to red medicine tonight. went to spice table last week, was a much better version of street.

We had the battered sweet potato wrap which was good, the banh mi was decent. Late night so not much choice there but scotch selection was decent for as little bottles they had.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
We had the battered sweet potato wrap which was good, the banh mi was decent. Late night so not much choice there but scotch selection was decent for as little bottles they had.
the banh mi was the most disappointing dish we had. overall we both thought it was killer. really really distinct flavors. I had no intentions that this was a vietnamese place. it's not. it's more conceptual than it is in reality vietnamese. **** the haters. yelp is full of wannabe critics who take themselves too seriously. that being said my girl has a shell fish allergy and can't partake in shrimp and crab. in ranking what we had. 1) PORK CHAUD-FROID (for some reason been on a spreadable meat kick) 2) Pork shoulder was insane. 3) Green papaya 4) chicken dumplings 5) beef cheek 6) banh mi was ok at best. left a really weird taste in your mouth. the desert was ******* amazing. it was mango something... overall, it was great. portions weren't as small as people were saying, the waiters were super nice and very well informed. a great dining experience. will return.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads