• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll be there.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please take some pictures and share with us.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
awesome. cant believe they are going to the ATL
This is the second time in 6 months.

kcc

Reaction score
Yesterday, I spoke with Mr Labani about the scheduled grand opening of their NYC boutique in the Fall. A lot of conjecture with respect to the flexibility of their custom operation; I assumed their emphasis was MTM & not bespoke yet I'm sure this is possible; he mentioned they've relocated two Neapolitan tailors to NY for alterations etc. Anyway, a sportcoat in a basic fabric is 4900US and higher. Funny, he referred to LH as a retailer not a true atelier as he described themselves.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcc
Yesterday, I spoke with Mr Labani about the scheduled grand opening of their NYC boutique in the Fall. A lot of conjecture with respect to the flexibility of their custom operation; I assumed their emphasis was MTM & not bespoke yet I'm sure this is possible; he mentioned they've relocated two Neapolitan tailors to NY for alterations etc. Anyway, a sportcoat in a basic fabric is 4900US and higher. Funny, he referred to LH as a retailer not a true atelier as he described themselves.

Very interesting. When I met with him in Atlanta last October he spoke glowingly about Rubinacci, its heritage and make. Maybe he is changing his tune?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcc
Funny, he referred to LH as a retailer not a true atelier as he described themselves.

That is, in fact, funny. Perhaps he hasn't had the time to visit his own "atelier" in Naples.

CaymanS

Reaction score
"Oh, __________? They're fine - but they're known more as a RTW shop than a 'true' bespoke shop." is a very common refrain in Naples, a city full of snide, catty little girls trying to pass themselves off as gentlemen.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS
"Oh, __________? They're fine - but they're known more as a RTW shop than a 'true' bespoke shop." is a very common refrain in Naples, a city full of snide, catty little girls trying to pass themselves off as gentlemen.

Maybe that's true, but of the few Neapolitan tailors I've met, all have only had positive things to say about LH. They may point out that it's more expensive, but nobody questions their bespoke cred.

Anyway, the accusation is particularly absurd coming from Attolini, which long ago reduced itself to a RTW/MTM factory. They are as much an 'atelier' as Kiton is a hot dog stand.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Kiton is a hot dog stand.

Their hotdogs are really expensive and of average construction, but their casings are the best!

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
That is, in fact, funny. Perhaps he hasn't had the time to visit his own "atelier" in Naples.

Yeah, I figured he was being a little catty, while doing the customary self promotion, so I ignored his quip.

DCer

Reaction score
Style Forum Readers,
If you're looking for a new custom made Italian suit, Dash's of Old Town in Alexandria VA is having their Spring 2011 Trunk Show this weekend, April 15, 16, and 17. For those three days only, all Italian custom suits will be priced from $950 to $1300. Dash's new 2011 fabrications book includes fabrications from Ermenegildo Zegna, Loro Piana, and other famous Italian fabric mills that will be priced at $1300 only for the Trunk Show.

All Style Forum readers who identify themselves as such will receive a free tie with any custom suit you purchase.

For the first time ever, this year's Trunk Show will include a wide range of Soft Jackets - perfect for "Casual Sartorial" expressions. For more about Soft Jackets, see our recent blog post explaining why they are a game changer in menswear: http://www.dashsofoldtown.com/news/2...ry-expression/

As always, unlike most other stores, all custom suits will include customization and finishing for no extra charge.

To ensure the highest possible level of service, please RSVP at 703-299-4015 or online at: www.dashsofoldtown.com/contact/appointment.php

DCer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads