• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Jet with a grain of salt) but you are definitely part of the problem. You pretty much treat SWD like CE.

plain.gif

Snowman, for example, does not dress like a gay astronaut or whatever you just called him.

Originally Posted by Teger
also i never called him a gay astronaut.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
it's a compliment, he's called you savory

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snowman's tag needs to be changed from "senior member" to "gay astronaut" asap.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saying that snowman's pants make him look bowlegged is an objective statement: even he concedes they do.
He is bow legged. Why don't you offer some type of advice of what pants will make him look less bowlegged in your critiques? tbh i thought his last fit was great. There's nothing he can do about his bow legs so why worry about them? it's not that big a deal.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dnsnlsn
What do the Styleforum gentlemen think about using pocket squares in the back pocket of jeans? classy? trashy?
That depends on what type of encounter you're attempting to arrange.
Originally Posted by DLester
I went to look at Levi's 511 today thinking that they would sub for the grey diors that I cannot find for less than $500 but they were just off. Maybe the average person on the street could not tell, but I can. Horrendous hip flare. Also, soft mushy denim. Made me feel like crap.
I think this varies from person to person in terms of fit (not the soft, mushy denim part, which seems to be pretty common with Levi's). I think MoK looked great in his last fit with 511s, and it could just be that the cut works for his body type.
That fit I posted monday that was maligned by many on here, I actually liked notwithstanding not being sure about the hat. SF in general were VERY sure about the hat and that it must die. Posted it on SZ, where the general opinion was that the pants were the only thing wrong with it.
I liked the hat, and I didn't think the pants went well with the rest of the fit. <leaves to join SZ>
what this debate really is is 'how much subjectivity exists in what looks good/how we judge what looks good.' you clearly think things are more subjective than i do - to me there exist certain universal rules that exist as a consequence of things like personal body type that can't really be disregarded, regardless of what your personal aesthetic is. i don't presuppose the correctness of my own perspective, because the things i'm talking about aren't my own perspective, they're just objective observations that are pretty inarguable. the real question is how much do these observations matter.
Guys, I think the issue here is that most people here are just into fashion, but Teger's talking about style, which is timeless and classic.
Please someone make this happen.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
down
Originally Posted by hendrix
He is bow legged. Why don't you offer some type of advice of what pants will make him look less bowlegged in your critiques?

tbh i thought his last fit was great. There's nothing he can do about his bow legs so why worry about them? it's not that big a deal.

its all good hendrix. i could do a bunch of stuff to look less bowlegged but it cuts down a lot of options. if i follow the rules, i cant wear tapered pants, no skinny jeans, no cargo pants...etc
just plain old dad jeans for snowman
frown.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit

I liked the hat, and I didn't think the pants went well with the rest of the fit.

<leaves to join SZ>
laugh.gif

Guys, I think the issue here is that most people here are just into fashion, but Teger's talking about style, which is timeless and classic.

i look at style as one's creativity to put something together. if you go into barneys and kop what the manikin is wearing, you might look good, but you(yourself) dont have style

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is teger so mean
laugh.gif
? snowman i got your back bro
fistbump.gif
5616887291_b9c12db4c9_z.jpg
edit: going to shorten sleeves. will leave the overall length alone. will post fit pic after alteration
smile.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
advice: wear normal pants

but this will not work with the top that i wore.

ex. synth. he could not wear normal pants with his drapey tops, would look off.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoffice
why is teger so mean
laugh.gif
? snowman i got your back bro
fistbump.gif

i didn't wear this today but took a pic to get some advice:

5616887291_b9c12db4c9_z.jpg

the sleeve is a little too long imo. should i get the overall length altered too? any suggestions?

sleeve is definitely too long (not a little).

hard to tell jacket length from that angle.. button stance looks a little low. is it one button?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
hard to tell jacket length from that angle.. button stance looks a little low. is it one button?
It's two button and he only buttoned the bottom one. Mystery solved.

My Augustas got here today - they are in better shape than I even anticipated, aside the usual creasing they might as well be unworn. I was worried they'd be too small. In fact they're actually a bit too big, which is unexpected. I will re-assess the situation when I get home and try an insole.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Actually thats more mysterious How's your toe?

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would be dressed head to toe (minus the shoes) in faded glory... Does this ruin any cred that I may have earned from my previous life on styleforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads