• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 3ff3z8e
I'll be in Budapest for a day on holiday in June. Unless I'm mistaken it's a Tuesday that I'll be there

I'm expecting to be a rather difficult fit for the RTW shoes as I wear custom orthotics due to my flat and wide feet (8.5G for Loake 026 Last , hence I'm hoping that I can actually commission an MTO shoe or 2 and have it delivered to Australia.

Will it be advisable for me to book an appointment with Eva Vass now?

Also does anyone know if they'll even consider just mailing the shoe to me sans any fitting. I'm thinking of ordering bluchers as they're a little more forgiving.

Alternatively I'm hoping to be able to come back again in about 4-5 months later in November.

Can anyone advise what would be the best way tackling this?

Thanks & regards,

with mto they will/should be able to implement your orthotics into the footbed.

pay in advance, wait upon your return.

ps: a deposit should suffice.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
I have a pair on P2 (which I will eventually get around to selling. In order to get a pair that was wide enough, I got a size that has turned out to be a little too long for my foot. Not uncomfortable for sitting, but pretty nasty after any amount of walking. It's technically the same size as the 3636 and Budapesters that fit me pretty well, but its proportions are all different.

If you have a P2 size that works, you should probably start with the same Budapester size but you might end up needing a LONGER Budapester, depending on the shape of your arch. (And then the widths will be completely on another planet.)

Interesting and thanks for the note. The P2 fits me very well as is with a thin Tacco insole. My feet are generally long and narrow so I needed the insole to take up the volume across the vamp. It's the length of the Budapest last that's the tricky part. Some guys on LL were even saying they found the Budapest a touch more narrow fitting than the P2 which surprised me.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
It's the length of the Budapest last that's the tricky part.

???

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
???

Just the fact that I don't know what the length of the Budapest last is compared to the P2 since I haven't tried one on before.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
David- what's your sizing?

44 on the U and 43.5 on the F and P2. I do have some room in the P2, but more width-wise than length-wise.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Just the fact that I don't know what the length of the Budapest last is compared to the P2 since I haven't tried one on before.

ask vass. should be easy.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Does anyone here wears a US 12D/E? If so, can you tell me your size in Vass, preferably F last?

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Just posting to see if there are any mor epictures of NST's on p2 or f last; i ordered one on F with goyrser but am rethinking....

Here:

the P2 is sleeker in person than in pics. These feel substantial without being clunky. I'd love them in scotchgrain cognac or Oxblood..
6319 is not quite so orange as in first 2 pics.

VassP2Chestnut6319049.jpg

VassP2Chestnut6319050.jpg

VassP2Chestnut6319101.jpg

colour comp with EG antique chestnut just for fun:
VassP2Chestnut6319172.jpg

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pliny,

Thanks for the great pictures, as always. I was worried initially that the p2 last was too blobby, but i think it strikes a nice balance for this type of shoe, and probably more suitable for the goyser stitching i got on it. Absolutely love the simplicity of yours - might be tempted to get another p2 norweger but in scotchgrain.

Great pics, great looking shoe.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
Here:

VassP2Chestnut6319101.jpg

colour comp with EG antique chestnut just for fun:
VassP2Chestnut6319172.jpg

Very nice. The original Peter looks even nicer with the Norweger, but you need pretty slim feet to squeeze in.

I'm about due to get a pair almost like these, but in Antik Cognac on the 3636-- which I don't recall seeing done anywhere before. Let's hope!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
Does anyone here wears a US 12D/E? If so, can you tell me your size in Vass, preferably F last?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slickman
My gd that is beautiful, thinking about getting theresianer boot in whiskey, what do you think?

Unfortunately Vass won't do the high boots in shell cordovan anymore. Sad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads