• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Definitely. I love a nice piece of art.

Museums wil be so much more interesting.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
He is an interesting person with a very keen aesthetic sense. I think a lot of the ribbing here is good-natured, or at least I try to keep mine good-natured.
I hate to say it but plenty of people are very close-minded and think all "short" people are greedy and manipulative. And monsters. Just going by comments I see on the internet. In Korea it's a bit worse than that. (though in his case I guess yeah he's short and not "short")

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I hate to say it but plenty of people are very close-minded and think all "short" people are greedy and manipulative. And monsters. Just going by comments I see on the internet. In Korea it's a bit worse than that. (though in his case I guess yeah he's short and not "short")
This is really weird because the Korean men I come across are nearly all short, thin, pale, and dress their hair like girls.
lookaround.gif
Your POV would also explain the CE distrust of China, BTW.
laugh.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is really weird because the Korean men I come across are nearly all short, thin, pale, and dress their hair like girls.
lookaround.gif

Your POV would also explain the CE distrust of China, BTW.
laugh.gif

Well, 190cm and below are considered losers here after all
smile.gif

(Korea is getting taller fairly quickly, just as Japan is... but still rail thin. In China people just seem to be getting fatter. My experiences anyways.)

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Am I the only one who thinks that a life where I leave my wife and children behind so I can shoot pictures of clothes with my new, bimbo girlfriend is something I shouldn't necessarily aspire to? Hats off to the guy for making a living doing what he loves but I question some of his choices, frankly.

Is this common knowledge among his detractors? Because my post in his defense was in response to many people making a range of catty comments about him but never mentioning anything like this.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^it may be or not, but the people making the comments are most definitely giving him **** about HEIGHT and not his morality (what little we know of the circumstances)... lord knows Beckham doesn't get the **** Scott does (or at least gets secret high-fives)
Not sure if you are pulling my leg, as 190cm would put them in Scandinavian territory...
laugh.gif

Ok, I am a little, 180 was where the famous quote is from (this girl was interviewed for some show on Korean TV and said all men under 180 are losers... as you'd know, Korean people aren't quite that tall so her personal information was found quite quickly and she was embarrassed, to put it very lightly. The country is pretty small making it easy as you know...).

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Is this common knowledge among his detractors? Because my post in his defense was in response to many people making a range of catty comments about him but never mentioning anything like this.
Well since he probably doesn't know Scott, his ex-wife, Garance, or anyone even remotely connected with what happened, whatever happened... ...to me it just smacks of jealously. Which is way more pathetic than any supposed sins Scott has committed.
Originally Posted by aeglus
Ok, I am a little, 180 was where the famous quote is from (this girl was interviewed for some show on Korean TV and said all men under 180 are losers... as you'd know, Korean people aren't quite that tall so her personal information was found quite quickly and she was embarrassed, to put it very lightly. The country is pretty small making it easy as you know...).
OMFG A GIRL DOES NOT THINK I AM A LOSER!!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! Edit: just Googled her too - hot! Booking the next flight to Korea right now. Thanks aeglus for making my day.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OMFG A GIRL DOES NOT THINK I AM A LOSER!!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

Edit: just Googled her too - hot! Booking the next flight to Korea right now. Thanks aeglus for making my day.

Hey man I just said she said anyone under 180 is a loser, not that those above 180 are winners
redface.gif

(she's average by Korean standards fyi)

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow!

Can we get back to posting and discussing pictures?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_ljln9oDpLd1qgafvdo1_500.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
tumblr_ljln9oDpLd1qgafvdo1_500.jpg

looks like Isaia at Saks. Whatever it is, it is way too tight in the waist/chest for him and the patch pockets looks silly on what seems to be a worsted wool but I do love the curve and size of the lapels. And I like his hairstyle.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
looks like Isaia at Saks. Whatever it is, it is way too tight in the waist/chest for him and the patch pockets looks silly on what seems to be a worsted wool but I do love the curve and size of the lapels. And I like his hairstyle.

He's supposedly "ISAIA's youngest master tailor, Gianluca Robinho"

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
He's supposedly "ISAIA’s youngest master tailor, Gianluca Robinho"

I do like the lapels a lot and the upper part of the sleeve seems nice but then it tapers way too much. If he gave himself some room in the body of the coat, it would look great. It's too slim-straight as is. I hope Isaia gives up all those gaudy fabrics that they have favored in recent years ans goes back to luxurious basics.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do like the lapels a lot and the upper part of the sleeve seems nice but then it tapes way too much. If he gave himself some room in the body of the coat, it would look great. It's too slim-straight as is. I hope Isaia gives up all those gaudy fabrics that they have favored in recent years ans goes back to luxurious basics.

I agree that it looks too tight on him, btw.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads