• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vandave
Three suits to critique please.

#1 and #2 looks big on your shoulder and everything.

And whatever you wear, even though you wear 4 button, just button only 1 button.

#3 looks best of these three.

Mr.P

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
BOOM HEADSHOT

Exploding-head.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matsui
Not sure about the fit of my jacket here, and I didn't want to make a new thread for it, so I'm glad this thread came up:
???

Originally Posted by either/or
+1, way to many 'fit', 'shirt' and 'wedding' threads
Too many? Too many for what? Judging by what I see out on the streets, not enough.

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
ahs1A.jpg

The suit is definitely making you look fat, EAP. In this pic you don't even look like the same guy who's been posting in WAYWRN. (That's you, right?)

Originally Posted by Digmenow
IMG_20110412_151334.jpg

Aren't there supposed to be numbers on the lines behind you?

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Aren't there supposed to be numbers on the lines behind you?
I get that a lot, based on my ID badge which contains a picture taken against a similar background. Meanwhile, points for the tie dimple, no?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
???

Too many? Too many for what? Judging by what I see out on the streets, not enough.

Definitely too many. Like 56 per day on average, which disappear in a black hole after a few days. And then the circus starts all over again, because people forgot what advice other people got. If you put it in one thread, people can read through the whole thread with all the suggestions made to other people and draw their own conclusions. I say: pin it, and pin it fast, together with Foo's, who can occassionaly pick good pics from this thread and do his thing.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Definitely too many. Like 56 per day on average, which disappear in a black hole after a few days. And then the circus starts all over again, because people forgot what advice other people got. If you put it in one thread, people can read through the whole thread with all the suggestions made to other people and draw their own conclusions. I say: pin it, and pin it fast, together with Foo's, who can occassionaly pick good pics from this thread and do his thing.

^This!
-TTO

vandave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stu00a
#1 and #2 looks big on your shoulder and everything.

And whatever you wear, even though you wear 4 button, just button only 1 button.

#3 looks best of these three.

Thanks.

#2 and #3 are new. #3 is looking good.

For #2, I am going to get them to shorten the pants, shorten the sleeves and to pull the back in a little tighter to get a better fit around the chest and waist (mostly waist). Does that make sense?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Okay, so in a last-ditch effort to determine whether to keep the suit or return it and eat the shipping, I've tried a re-shoot, this time from further away and with more zoom so as to mitigate the effect of lens and perspective distortion.

ljYJH.jpg
0AX5Z.jpg

And in this last pic I tugged at the lapels a bit to see if I could get them to look like they were rolled a bit closer to the button. I'm undecided on the results. Frankly, I'm leaning towards return.

ahs1A.jpg

EA,

I think this cut is wrong for you, it's too short and too slim fitting, that along with the high button stance isn't working for you. That jacket length does seem to work for some, but I find it a bit short overall, I'd go with something 1" to 1-1/2" longer.

The pants need to be shortened in the back rise, that's whats causing the thigh to bag out.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
EA,

I think this cut is wrong for you, it's too short and too slim fitting, that along with the high button stance isn't working for you. That jacket length does seem to work for some, but I find it a bit short overall, I'd go with something 1" to 1-1/2" longer.

The pants need to be shortened in the back rise, that's whats causing the thigh to bag out.

Yup. I've actually decided to return the suit and keep my eyes peeled for something a bit more traditional.

I have what I believe to be a much more flattering suit being altered right now. Will make it's first appearance next week.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good concept for a thread; should hopefully absorb most of the short/inconclusive fit advice threads and actually make them helpful to thosee thread starters.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Meanwhile, points for the tie dimple, no?
Absolutely!
fing02[1].gif

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
They extend past your knuckles in the front. See the green line.

Makes you look short when you are of average height.

ip4f8y.jpg

Some people have long arms and others short and yet jacket length is usually best at brow of the seat. This coat is fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads