• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't know man all these fuckin leather jackets look the same to me just pick one without a marsupialed collar (unless you're synthese).

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
more like "i don't want to redo my entire wardrobe, spending thousands and thousands of dollars, so i can wear this cool leather jacket"
All you need is the toj incontrol rider to keep doing your ****.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
that's because you've destroyed most of your brain cells with smoke and alcohol

I suppose, thinking of selling off 90% of my clothes.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I suppose, thinking of selling off 90% of my clothes.

******* trickers. sell me baller pants.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I don't know man all these fuckin leather jackets look the same to me just pick one without a marsupialed collar (unless you're synthese).
lol, you
biggrin.gif
I found a Julius FW09 leather rider for $650!! http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/leat...er/mlk517-2329

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy wants to sell me his AW09 Calf Mollino (like new, worn twice) for $1900. Are these things THAT hard to find? That seems crazy high for an over 1 year old Rick leather.........it IS calfskin and considered one of his best though. Is that price justifiable?

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Guy wants to sell me his AW09 Calf Mollino (like new, worn twice) for $1900. Are these things THAT hard to find? That seems crazy high for an over 1 year old Rick leather.........it IS calfskin and considered one of his best though. Is that price justifiable?

Just a good advice, i have seen your signature of your "want to buy list" and that you have switched styles extremely often - at one point i did the same - try to consider really hard what you want to go and start slowly building your wardrobe
smile.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$1900 is not bad for like new, its not a deal but yah..if you want a heavy oiled calf mollino that bad then its worth it. Prolly best collection for leathers to me.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Just a good advice, i have seen your signature of your "want to buy list" and that you have switched styles extremely often - at one point i did the same - try to consider really hard what you want to go and start slowly building your wardrobe
smile.gif

Well, this Rick has been on my WTB list for some time. I just haven't had the cash for it so I didn't bother to put it in my signature. My total aesthetic hasn't changed in over a year. I'm just wanting to incorporate more 'darker' pieces per say into my look now. Unc-Retail was 272000yen.....like $3200-$3300 or so.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Well, this Rick has been on my WTB list for some time. I just haven't had the cash for it so I didn't bother to put it in my signature. My total aesthetic hasn't changed in over a year. I'm just wanting to incorporate more 'darker' pieces per say into my look now.

Cool, was just some friendly advice, the other thing can end up (did with me) costing you quite a lot! And you are practically still at squared one, except that you knew that it wasnt that route.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Cool, was just some friendly advice, the other thing can end up (did with me) costing you quite a lot! And you are practically still at squared one, except that you knew that it wasnt that route.
Oh trust me I know man! That's why I usually only have shoes/boots, accessories or BIG purchases like this in my want to buy. Sometimes very specific items I've thought out as well. Like those RO sneakers and DBSS........I pondered that and just realized I wouldn't get enough wear out of them to justify spending $500-$600 on them. I'm too flaky about tops and bottoms and have to really think it out before purchasing those. Made the mistake of when I first joined this forum of buying what EVERY body was saying was 'basic' only to realize it wasn't a 'basic' for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads