• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the 09 one, but its too slim and rocknroll lookin. The Zippers don't stand out as much as you'd think.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
new-balance-1400-6-c.jpg

or
New-Balance-577-Made-in-England-Spring-2011-Sneakers-01.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably but when zipped up it kind of opens up in the bottom, skirts out a bit. I think I'm just being picky, you'll like pull it off real well so don't mind me.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no its fine, I got you. You're more of a RO guy. I'm sure I can give you nitpicky reasons for why I don't like some of ricks classic designs. All I know is I need a ******* mollino and bauhaus one day.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
toast, 2nd

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like a lot of Julius too and was considering the rider, even in red. Also considered the cowl neck actually, but after looking around, the rider has fallen out of the top of my list, it's mostly the zipper though. Nahneun said one exist with a full on zip so I'll probably like that version better.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I like a lot of Julius too and was considering the rider, even in red. Also considered the cowl neck actually, but after looking around, the rider has fallen out of the top of my list, it's mostly the zipper though. Nahneun said one exist with a full on zip so I'll probably like that version better.
cowl neck? for real???? thats weird, I thought you liked the more classic rick leathers like the intarsia/stooges. Not something so extravagant like the cowl neck. I don't like that one... zippers kinda add to the aggressive feel to me

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Considered it but that is really as far as it got.
lol8[1].gif

I thought it looked awesome, I really couldn't pull it off but still cool.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres a lot of pieces, especially with leathers that are by themselves awesome. However, they are too outlandish to pair with anything else, which is why I have a problem with all julius leathers from SS2011.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Idk jut necks are considered rider style
tongue.gif

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i don't get that either. like, they don't fit you right or you're scared of them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads