• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
uh, I just want them all, that's the problem. I actually go through this with many of my purchases I sit there pondering which one I should get over the other. I only posted about leathers on here cuz I don't know anything about leather jackets. Last time I got some good information.
laugh.gif

I do too with a bunch of items under $250 or so. Then end up flipping it on here.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

I've really started really pondering purchases now and not so many impulse buys. Gotten really specific too, not just 'i want a black jacket'. it's, I want this specific jacket, from this season and I'm going to wait until I find it. That's why I've got a near impossible Julius bag in my signature and the crust calf mollino. Will probably never frickin find the julius though.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
doesn't change the fact there's a 99% chance you'll end up regretting it and wondering why you didn't go with one of the other ones first zzzz i think you should still go with the first julius you showed me. with that said, i'm probably going to get a grey julius moto once i get enough funds for it
devil.gif
... snake's fit pics made me mad jelly and green with envy

ss10 grey juilus moto is my favorite ever. i mean a holster for God sakes...it just screams badass. idk which one snake had though.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
I do too with a bunch of items under $250 or so. Then end up flipping it on here.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
I've really started really pondering purchases now and not so many impulse buys. Gotten really specific too, not just 'i want a black jacket'. it's, I want this specific jacket, from this season and I'm going to wait until I find it. That's why I've got a near impossible Julius bag in my signature and the crust calf mollino. Will probably never frickin find the julius though.

people strongly suggest against that bag because you have to undo the straps every time you use the bag. very very cumbersome and holster moto is the one snake has
devil.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

that's actually why I never resell my good stuff cuz I usually have thought about it enough.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best fit pic of the hi-collar.
yh4Jn.jpg

After looking at the Julius motos in the past few weeks, I am not liking the zippers and how it doesn't start all the way to the bottom and doesn't go all the way to the top when zipped up.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah that pic looks marsupialed thats why I was looking for one not zipped all the way up like the jacket is eating him.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
After looking at the Julius motos in the past few weeks, I am not liking the zippers and how it doesn't start all the way to the bottom and doesn't go all the way to the top when zipped up.

most of the motos and riders zip from the bottom. the ones that don't are the ones that lane seems to be interested in though lol

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
people strongly suggest against that bag because you have to undo the straps every time you use the bag. very very cumbersome and holster moto is the one snake has
devil.gif

pm'd you dog.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? It seems like most of the riders I've seen doesn't zip all the way down. I can't recall seeing one that does.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Snakes is just badass.
(hope he doesn't me jacking his pic)
bmGe9.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i was actually planning on getting that one in the washed matte black after the fiasco with the fencing i bought, but my heart always had a special place for the jut neck
inlove.gif
too bad i'll never look as good as snake does in it though
frown.gif
i'm shorter and fatter than he is
cry.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
little things like that are what makes me love the julius riders. I think im gonna buy the 09SS one if I can get the price im looking for. I like it better than the fw one cuz it isn't as snug, plus the style is more suitable for me. Funny thing is now that I remember, when I first found out about this brand last year this was the leather I was lusting over...lol
1fca7ba2.JPG
better pic

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember telling you one day that the jacket looked like it was eating the wearer. I'm sure it looks nice open, but not zipped up. In fact that's why I've backed out on the other highcollar/geo.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just really not feeling the zippers and too much pockets in that rider. Isn't there a rider with less pockets?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads