• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
It may be boring as I admitted when I posted, but that's a huge stretch. Is hard to get subtle details that make things interesting like the wax treatment, "destroyed details", and twisting, which you can kinda see.

If outlandish is what you want...wait for my package that's incoming.

I'm in no way making fun of uncontrol, because I know that **** must have ******* sucked......but after reading about mis-sizing on certain pieces and same-brand-blatant-sizing-inconsistencies I don't think I could ever make a large proxy order from another country. Not that I probably every would unless it was some giant wooden crate from candada or some ****. But I just wanted to say that, that thought really scares me and when I read "wait for my package" it made me think..

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been doing it for a while, and now I have been buying retail so it's easier to get measurements from multiple sites. Plus sellers on auction sites do a good job at listing measurements. julius is brain dead easy to figure out cuz I'm size 2 across the board for the most part.

Japan, ignoring my aesthetic offers a ton of options the US doesn't which is why I prefer buying stuff from there. Plus it is cheaper than buying stuff in the US. I am wearing $1000 dollar jeans, which cost me $416 total ordering bnwt from Japan.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I'm in no way making fun of uncontrol, because I know that **** must have ******* sucked......but after reading about mis-sizing on certain pieces and same-brand-blatant-sizing-inconsistencies I don't think I could ever make a large proxy order from another country. Not that I probably every would unless it was some giant wooden crate from candada or some ****. But I just wanted to say that, that thought really scares me and when I read "wait for my package" it made me think..

Yeah dude, it's especially bad when the sellers measure items weirdly or whatever. I bought a pair of pants that had a listed 81cm waistline, but when I measure them at home I got 76cm. That's a pretty big difference and it happened on a few items. I'm not sure how the measurements vary so widely.

However, despite losing a lot of money, I'll keep proxying simply because I absolutely cannot buy what I want outside of Japan. It just can't be done. And considering most stores in Japan won't even let you try things on, it's no wonder the auction scene is so good there.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Headphones and beanie combo ruin it Lane. Get some tats and lose the stoner headgear and you wil be golden for minimalist goth. Not the best pic but I can attest that Julius jeans are incredible in real life and yes are not far from 1k at US retail. Some better pics courtesy of Sq4you: http://www.styleguise.net/forums/ind...ndpost__p__189

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
arent they like $800 or something at, Atelier? Also, I don't smoke weed, lol. I just am growing out my hair and I was listening to music son.

no tats!!!

oh wow, sq4you bought those? lol

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
arent they like $800 or something at, Atelier? Also, I don't smoke weed, lol. I just am growing out my hair and I was listening to music son. oh wow, sq4you bought those? lol
Yeah. and yeah Sq4you probably owns more things from Atelier then a lot of guys on SZ. He's got stuff from Julius, Augusta, Guidi and CCP. Yes i am jelly.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may be boring as I admitted when I posted, but that's a huge stretch. Is hard to get subtle details that make things interesting like the wax treatment, "destroyed details", and twisting, which you can kinda see. If outlandish is what you want...wait for my package that's incoming.
I'm looking forward to this fit pic. We talking top, bottom or both?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Problem with Julius denim is sizing the damned things. As usual, cut for teh azns.
they offer up to size 4 dude, what more you want. You can fit in size 3 I bet.
Originally Posted by dmash1080
I'm looking forward to this fit pic. We talking top, bottom or both?
lol, for spring/summer.. everything except shoes(for now) will be different .

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
they offer up to size 4 dude, what more you want. You can fit in size 3 I bet.

lol, for spring/summer.. everything except shoes(for now) will be different .

i think his problem is length
tongue.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are we still talking about clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics