• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
Rustic Canyon makes what I think is the best burger in LA. Of those who have tried it... agree or disagree?

disagree. ate there about 3 years ago, they overcooked my burger so I didn't bother going back. I'm a fan of Father's office and R+D.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
FO isn't that great dude westside tavern burger is better.

And you ate there one time 3 years ago? Does that even count?

I'm going there this weekend so I'll chime in with my expert opinion.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work a few blocks from Rustic Canyon. went in for lunch amid raving revues and hype and wasn't impressed so i scratched it. it was a while ago, maybe i'll try it again, but it was pretty forgettable so i haven't been motivated to return. As I stated, they overcooked the burger to medium well (I get mine medium rare to medium usually) and that kind of ruined it for me.

I've had the burger at Westside Tavern, I still preferred the F.O. burger.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The fo burger is way too sweet, maybe you just like sweet burgers? The bun is superior in the wt burger too.

A coworker and his sister tried goldenstate per my rec and they preferred the fo burger, it was at that point where I decided to stop recommending places to people who couldn't articulate their food preferences.

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
disagree. ate there about 3 years ago, they overcooked my burger so I didn't bother going back. I'm a fan of Father's office and R+D.

Originally Posted by jet
FO isn't that great dude westside tavern burger is better.

And you ate there one time 3 years ago? Does that even count?

I'm going there this weekend so I'll chime in with my expert opinion.

haha yeah 3 yrs ago doesn't count! They definitely did not overcook my burger (medium rare) and the fries were bomb. Jet, I assure you you'll have a fantastic time.

with the FO burger, the patty is sick. wet-aged until it teeters on the edge of reeking haha! but yet, overload on the caramelized onions which does make it too sweet..

to answer whodini, corkbar burger isn't that great. i live in South Park and have had it a few times. i'd pick in&out over that any day.

I was at 25 degrees in Hollywood the other day-- quite good burger (get the #1). Don't bother with the others.

Lastly, have you guys had the Lamb Burger at Golden State? I think it's only served on Thursdays. FANTASTIC STUFF.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
isn't the Westside Tavern bun a brioche? i'm not a fan of those really but I did like that burger there. i liked the quality of beef and the cheese on the FO burger the most, not the sweetness of the onions.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The meat on the fo burger is the strong point but I haven't had any desire to go back again because of the tangy-ness. GS uses brioche and wt uses an egg bun that Nancy Silverton supposedly makes specifically for them.

Thanks pinoy looking forward to it actually.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
to answer whodini, corkbar burger isn't that great. i live in South Park and have had it a few times. i'd pick in&out over that any day.
That's a shame.
I was at 25 degrees in Hollywood the other day-- quite good burger (get the #1). Don't bother with the others.
Yeah, 25 doesn't get a lot of love on here. It's not a game-changer but it's a solid burger nonetheless.

Lastly, have you guys had the Lamb Burger at Golden State? I think it's only served on Thursdays. FANTASTIC STUFF.

Paging PG2G... Sheeeit. I'd been saying this for two years.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rustic Canyon makes what I think is the best burger in LA. Of those who have tried it... agree or disagree?

I have been preaching this one for a while. I have yet to take someone to Rustic Canyon that didn't it was as good as, or better than their previous favorite.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I have been preaching this one for a while. I have yet to take someone to Rustic Canyon that didn't it was as good as, or better than their previous favorite.
Did you just ask me out on a man date?

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
+1 on Santouka...any love for Shinsengumi? Torrance also has some good random spots.

That is the one across from Opening Ceremony, right? I love chili...is it worth going to for that?

The Chili is pretty good and its all fresh etc. etc. etc. etc.

The Ice Cream is really good though.

Yes, it is the one right across from opening ceremony.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Did you just ask me out on a man date?

I'm down to go when you get in town. We should go for Burger and Beer Monday though. Each Monday they have 2 additional burgers (changes every week) with burger and wine pairing.

This week they had a Burrata Burger and Double Trouble Burger (2 Patties, Gruyere, Pickled Chili, Bacon and Mustard Aioli).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G

lol weren't you the one who told me that 8oz was awesome? then when I told you it was alright you said and i quote "dang, you got some high azz standards"

now look atcha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads