• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Overall they look very similar. The pair on the Context site look more brown, so I was curious. http://www.contextclothing.com/coming-rrl.php I can't tell if it is just the photos, or they are indeed a different color. And the cuffs. At first glance, I didn't even notice them. I generally never cuff, but they look pretty good. Do you always cuff?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit
Overall they look very similar. The pair on the Context site look more brown, so I was curious. http://www.contextclothing.com/coming-rrl.php I can't tell if it is just the photos, or they are indeed a different color. And the cuffs. At first glance, I didn't even notice them. I generally never cuff, but they look pretty good. Do you always cuff?
with the Officer Chino, yes. The inseam is just too long for my taste.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah these bad boys deserve some healthy cuffing ... svb featured in the first post does it right!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the tapered look so I fold my cuff for a slimmer leg opening. Otherwise, the leg opening almost looks like a bootcut
IMGP4531-1.jpg
IMGP4538.jpg

S-Town

Reaction score
Is that just a pin keeping your fold in place? Looks like a staple....

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I like the tapered look so I fold my cuff for a slimmer leg opening. Otherwise, the leg opening almost looks like a bootcut

you gonna have a SICK fade at that fold
smile.gif

good idea ... is that actually sewed together?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S-Town
Is that just a pin keeping your fold in place? Looks like a staple....
yeah, that's a staple. did that at work
blush.gif
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
you gonna have a SICK fade at that fold
smile.gif
good idea ... is that actually sewed together?

haa, thanks! They have since been hand-sewn by yours truly
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stever
namor, that looks great

no intl shipping
ffffuuuu.gif

will try emailing context and hope for the best

when i last spoke to sam at context he told me on march 24th, that he had nothing left under size 31 so you might be in luck. but it has been awhile since then so call/email asap

S-Town

Reaction score
For those who havn't handled these; the material is something else! I expected it to be nice, but I was truly surprised when I pulled them out of the box and felt their heft. Although they're under 11 oz., to me they feel every bit as heavy and durable as 12 oz. denim. And the color is really unique in person. Definitely worth the $$$.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those who havn't handled these; the material is something else! I expected it to be nice, but I was truly surprised when I pulled them out of the box and felt their heft. Although they're under 11 oz., to me they feel every bit as heavy and durable as 12 oz. denim. And the color is really unique in person. Definitely worth the $$$.
I agree. They have a nice heft to them. Did you just get yours?
biggrin.gif

S-Town

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I agree. They have a nice heft to them. Did you just get yours?
biggrin.gif

I've had mine for a few weeks now. I love 'em!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cant wait for mine ... wow fedex is lame! their estimated time from blake in OR to me in DC shipped yesterday is NEXT monday 18th
frown.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had mine for a few weeks now. I love 'em!
Thats awesome. Im touching my pair right now.. love the fabric
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
cant wait for mine ... wow fedex is lame! their estimated time from blake in OR to me in DC shipped yesterday is NEXT monday 18th
frown.gif

ugh, that sucks. Good you ordered them early in the month though. After all the news about the chinos being sold out company wide, I was starting to worry that this contest wouldn't happen at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads