• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edgar Allen Pwn, that is way too many patterns all at once, and the different parts of the outfit are completely incongruous in their differnt levels of formality. I'm not sure what you're even going for, but I can't imagine a situation where that outfit would make sense.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Aside from the totally closed quarters, which I am not a fan of, this is by far your best effort.

+1 ... really nice improvement mkt. incorporate the advice Mike gave and you would continue down the right path.

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
A little on the casual side today...

dvVrA.jpg

sleeves are a little long ... but this is awesome.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RogerC
Not sure about the proportions, because of camera angle, but it seems to be a vast improvement over your earlier fits. I especially like that checked fabric.
Aside from the totally closed quarters, which I am not a fan of, this is by far your best effort.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
+1 ... really nice improvement mkt. incorporate the advice Mike gave and you would continue down the right path.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Not to take credit for it, but today's look is much more coherent than some of the earlier ones. Regarding the lower-fronts/quarters/whatever we've agreed to call them these days, I don't mind them being quite closed in principle (and more than a few of my own jackets are pretty closed), but the issue here is that they're actually overlapping more than than they were designed to. Could be a function of build/posture or balance, difficult to be sure. But that's a relatively minor quibble besides the noted improvement in overall visual effect compared to some other looks you've posted. Purely out of curiosity, what concept did you construct the look around anyway?
Thanks. Most of the feedback I've gotten on the coat has echoed my own thought, though over in the critique thread Jefferyd shared some very useful info that I think will help a lot. The concept was just wanting to look like I feel days like today here in Texas look. Blue sky, lots of dirt that's starting to become green for a few months, and a big damn sun.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Edgar Allen Pwn, that is way too many patterns all at once, and the different parts of the outfit are completely incongruous in their differnt levels of formality. I'm not sure what you're even going for, but I can't imagine a situation where that outfit would make sense.
Agree.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
sleeves are a little long ... but this is awesome.
Disagree. I think there's too many disparate elements here. The coat doesn't work with the skinny tie. Or the formality of the rest of the outfit. I think that if EAP dropped the tie and swapped out the shirt for a white OCBD, then this could work - but its not doing for me now.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by austerlitz
i like those shoes.... who makes those?

JOhn lobb

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Much improved.
fing02[1].gif
You look like you lost weight between one day and the next.

laugh.gif
Thanks. Well that's not the case. Problem is that I am leaning more towards comfort (with fit in mind) these days than an "ideal" aesthetic, whatever that may be.

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
dvVrA.jpg

End of day. Forgive the wrinkles.

^ Have to agree with Luftvier, I like pretty much all of the individual elements, but not together at all. Pants would work better with solid shirt. Jacket would work better with jeans or solid pant.

Somewhere between these two positions, closer to the higher one, and it would be spot-on for my tastes.

Kind of what I was thinking. Thanks for the feedback.

Navi

Reaction score
I tried to take some pictures outside in daylight but of course it was cloudy ALLLL day so they came out terrible. I'm trying out this new jacket, I think it's definitely better than my old blazer but I'm not sure about it yet... Also warming up for the Friday challenge with this tie.
o2Q5J.jpg
lSsyQ.jpg
uaLLj.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Uninspired Tuesday

I always had you pegged as less conservative business dress than this... dont know why. Looks good, just always imagined you splashier.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
The weather for the next two days in NYC is predicted to be rain, with chance of rain, and a side order of rain, so the fits for the next couple of days may not be particularly exciting. Somehow, I know you'll all have the fortitude to cope . . .

Awesome shoes, Crusty.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Saint C's]

most exeRent

Originally Posted by acridsheep
ROBOTuesday.

Ill ask you a question Nii once asked me... have you ever considered a soft shoulder? Think about it, might change your life.

Originally Posted by luftvier
Tomorrow: People's Court taping.

You best be PMing airing date and time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big Bird
I really like the look Spoo. Looks great!

But is that an example of Tom Ford's trademark collar gap?

My way of homage for my mancrush.

Tie is a good bit darker than it appears.

LOL at your file names.. and sweet suit.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Yesterday's fit was so awful I didn't dare show my face. Hopefully today's is better.

inlove.gif
the tie. JC Penny or not
wink.gif

Your short break did you a world of good I think. This outfit is a return to your usual form after a short run of sub-Spoo outfits before going away.

Thanks C- you have been on a tear with these great intellectual posts here, and I keep meaning to participate, but it moves so fast I dont have a chance to comment - but you have brought up some great meaningful discussion and its been great for the thread, so thanks.

I would have loved to see this (gorgeous) suit with a purple tie. I think the red is a bit jarring against it, something more of a cool tone would look great.

Originally Posted by spoozy
Anyway, got fooled by temperature today...too late to get my entry in for the crazy shoes competition, aye?
biggrin.gif

That tie is AWESOME. Well done Spooz.

Originally Posted by mktitsworth

Today's chum.

Much, much improved. As others said, open up the quarters, but I think what would benefit you most is a haircut.. or at least putting in some product and pushing it back or off to the side instead of down your forehead.

Originally Posted by ndw
Today. Button point about 1.5" lower and trousers about as slim as I get.

Hey, that tie looks familiar
laugh.gif

Whats the model name of the JLs?

bcondon17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
I tried to take some pictures outside in daylight but of course it was cloudy ALLLL day so they came out terrible. I'm trying out this new jacket, I think it's definitely better than my old blazer but I'm not sure about it yet... Also warming up for the Friday challenge with this tie.

o2Q5J.jpg

lSsyQ.jpg

uaLLj.jpg

I like that tie. Where did you get it?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
More messing around in DBs. Trying out an idea I noticed in the "bold suits" thread I started a couple of weeks ago: using a checked shirt & strong tie to counterbalance the eye-catching pattern in the suit. Still not quite right, but the experiments are getting closer to what I have in my mind's eye:

UAw6R.jpg

Very good.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcondon17
I like that tie. Where did you get it?

$1 at Good Will, baby.
satisfied.gif
It's an old linen Rooster. I love the design though.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
Warm Sunny Day In The South

001-11.jpg

003-10.jpg

If you aren't sending Phat Guido a royalty check on this one, you should probably consider it . . . .

I'm all for imitation and all that (I didn't find Drake's knit ties by myself) but there's a point at which it departs from flattery into a weird SF version of Single White Female. I'm afraid you are at that point.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
If you aren't sending Phat Guido a royalty check on this one, you should probably consider it . . . . I'm all for imitation and all that (I didn't find Drake's knit ties by myself) but there's a point at which it departs from flattery into a weird SF version of Single White Female. I'm afraid you are at that point.
I'm not sure I've ever seen PG in go to hell pants before. EDIT: Or patterned shirts for that matter.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I'm not sure I've ever seen PG in go to hell pants before.

EDIT: Or patterned shirts for that matter.

You're just not looking far enough back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads