• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
O Hai!

I7R5Q.jpg

I can snag at least 4 more dry bottles. The rest would be refrigerated and I wouldn't recommend shipping those out.

Why can't you ship bottles that have been refrigerated? I do all the time, you can take beer in and out of the fridge and not affect the beer at all. As for paying $40 for Hunahpu's, I just wouldn't do it, you are almost in Bourbon County Rare territory as far a price goes and if I had to pick between the two of them Rare would win every time. It's not that Hunahpu's isn't an amazing stout, it just doesn't warrant a $40 price tag no matter where or when you can buy it. It's very tasty, I recommend you open one now before the flavor from chillies wears off, you showed be warned that the flavors vary pretty heavy from different bottles. I had some that were very hot and boozy and the ones I have are very rich, vanilla and chocolatey which is strange since they all come from the same batch...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice pic though. what camera. need a new one.

misson for today. finding Kuhnhenn Barrel Aged 4D.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
nice pic though. what camera. need a new one.

You have no time to ask questions about cameras, you need to be out finding my BA 4D!!!

Bond111

Reaction score
I had to get my wife's car serviced yesterday in a town an hour away. Stopped in and they had Boulevard's Chocolate Ale in stock. They had around 8 bottles total. Decided to pick up one, along with their Smokestack Imperial Stout 2011 version. Wish I could get my hands on the Saison-Brett.

svd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
I dunno. But i will be interested to see if it is twice as good as Ten Fidy (since it costs more than twice the price).
eh.gif

22 oz versus 12?

I paid $5 for a single can of Ten Fidy. Not that big of a difference.

cjblack28

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bond111
I had to get my wife's car serviced yesterday in a town an hour away. Stopped in and they had Boulevard's Chocolate Ale in stock. They had around 8 bottles total. Decided to pick up one, along with their Smokestack Imperial Stout 2011 version. Wish I could get my hands on the Saison-Brett.
Saison-Brett comes out this summer. Where was this find of yours?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
My dad made a summer ale that got fourth best in the state fair last year. This year he decided to make the same base recipe, but change around the hops to see what the differences were, and then enter all three. The first one just became ready last weekend, and it was the best beer I've ever tasted. Granted, I'm not a beer guy like most people in this thread, but I do try a lot of different beers and usually drink them at bars. Damn good stuff.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My dad made a summer ale that got fourth best in the state fair last year. This year he decided to make the same base recipe, but change around the hops to see what the differences were, and then enter all three. The first one just became ready last weekend, and it was the best beer I've ever tasted. Granted, I'm not a beer guy like most people in this thread, but I do try a lot of different beers and usually drink them at bars. Damn good stuff.

Is home brewing a good experience??? I might give it a try. They have all types of hops, malt, etc.. at the whole foods downtown.

Drank a B.O.R.I.S. the crusher tonight (not the barrel aged). Pretty good. But I prefer Breakfast Stout.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
My Dad loves it. People tend to get WAY into it, though, so if you do it make sure you are willing to give up Saturday afternoons every week to your new obsession.

Now I'm enjoying a Black Oak Arkansas from Kuma's Corner and a Brooklyn Local 2.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Why can't you ship bottles that have been refrigerated? I do all the time, you can take beer in and out of the fridge and not affect the beer at all. As for paying $40 for Hunahpu's, I just wouldn't do it, you are almost in Bourbon County Rare territory as far a price goes and if I had to pick between the two of them Rare would win every time. It's not that Hunahpu's isn't an amazing stout, it just doesn't warrant a $40 price tag no matter where or when you can buy it. It's very tasty, I recommend you open one now before the flavor from chillies wears off, you showed be warned that the flavors vary pretty heavy from different bottles. I had some that were very hot and boozy and the ones I have are very rich, vanilla and chocolatey which is strange since they all come from the same batch...
I don't disagree with you. You just made me sound like that douche bag from FS:Other when all I was trying to do was help out my forum Bro's. That's what I objected to. If I can buy it for $40 then you guys can get it for $40. Is it worth it? Most likely not. But if you want to try it there aren't that many games in town.
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
nice pic though. what camera. need a new one. misson for today. finding Kuhnhenn Barrel Aged 4D.
Canon S95. Auto. I really need to learn how to use this thing. Should probably start a threak.

sdx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My Dad loves it. People tend to get WAY into it, though, so if you do it make sure you are willing to give up Saturday afternoons every week to your new obsession.

Now I'm enjoying a Black Oak Arkansas from Kuma's Corner and a Brooklyn Local 2.

Not quite every week... but it ends up getting close. I generally try to keep 2 beers going, one in primary, one in secondary... This ususally means brewing every other/third weekend pending on how long the beer needs in the secondary.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I don't disagree with you. You just made me sound like that douche bag from FS:Other when all I was trying to do was help out my forum Bro's. That's what I objected to. If I can buy it for $40 then you guys can get it for $40. Is it worth it? Most likely not. But if you want to try it there aren't that many games in town.

Canon S95. Auto. I really need to learn how to use this thing. Should probably start a threak.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to insult you and I think it's great you wanna hook people up, I just think that $40 is way too high for that beer, but if someone wants to spend the money then by all means. It really is a great beer, so if you have the money and enjoy the beer then it's money well spent.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oops wrong tread
smile.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had this at Goose Island's Stout Fest last month and couldn't wait for the release, very tasty...
IMG_0676.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads