• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
buy my pam son

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zazaza
this doesn't make any sense.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
man watch talk, i don't get it at all. there's something insane about hearing that there's no decent watches in the $2,000 range when you can get an amazing leather at this price.

Read my post again, I distinctly said no "great" watch in the $2k mark. There are plenty of good and decent watch in that range but they aren't the best and what I would consider great. It's just like saying you can buy a decent Black Scissors or Diesel Jacket for $200-$300 but it isn't going to be great.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Read my post again, I distinctly said no "great" watch in the $2k mark. There are plenty of good and decent watch in that range but they aren't the best and what I would consider great. It's just like saying you can buy a decent Black Scissors or Diesel Jacket for $200-$300 but it isn't going to be great.

it's not exactly like saying that. it's not much like saying that at all because there's a big difference between $200 and $2000. i just can't fathom spending that much on a watch, ever, since most of the value of a watch seems to come from complicated movements that have no practical effect really. and a $2000 garment is at the higher end of the clothing market.

i'm not deriding anyone who wants to pay that much for a watch, it's just unfathomable to me.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the term "great" is wildly subjective.

my omega SMP has a "great movement" (your words), and my anecdotal evidence supports that its been worry free since I bought it 8 years ago.
I think the case, crystal, bracelet, lume...everything about it is great.

I also think my $500 seiko sumo is great.

One day when i own a Rolex daytona I'll think thats great as well.

great!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
du swag steez du swag steez bitches wish they had money, buying like plebes bitching at eachother like how do i measure my apcs? bandwagginin', brand-haggling, won't pay retail - oh ****, sq's mad again everyone rocks mmm lo's with skin tight jeans ar dropping pounds, like kitonbrioni dropping g's du swag steez du swag steez cut this **** out, i'm too white for this please. too early. too drunk. ****.
You could be the lil' b of Styleforum.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

G0079

Reaction score
What kind of baller watches do gothninjas wear? I have a hard time picturing a Seamaster on a dude in RO and CCP.
laugh.gif

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
a true goth ninja exists beyond the construct of "time"

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Catching up on here is almost getting me in the kopping mood. Probably going to have to dip out on SS11 though, spent too much on new snowboarding gear this winter and have plans to do more damage next (w00t! new skis/boots)

Also, the imageshack thing is marsupialed and annoying.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Great for what exactly? I have a few swiss watches myself but, let's face it their functionality is inferior to those of electronic watches; they're an antiquated technology that is sold at overpriced levels to people looking for "baller" markers. It comes down to design which, yes, can be enhanced by good finition. Most swiss watches are gaudy as **** and the priciest ones even more so.because the awful designer who work for them try to cram as many things as possible on such a small space to make it uberballer. aside from being status symbol watches can be attractive due to the mythology surrounding them (you'll give them to your grandson, etc).

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
my mythological watch comes from the forge of Hephaestus
but i will only ever use a pocket watch paired with a cravat of course, anything less is not enough jerk

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omega basically makes in-house movements but it isn't fair to say that it is 100% true because they are the supplier of ETA movements. I mean they do make their own movements but it is also distributed to many other watch companies. To Omegas defense, they make great and robust movements, the movements on their watches tend to use modified or "better" versions so they're reputable.
im actually putting together an ETA movement
teacha.gif
its very difficult to not scratch the **** out of it ahah.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
watches are antiquated and give me MC vibes, just use your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads