• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Pablo-T

Reaction score
They look ok... the 505 never seem to fetch quite as much as the 501.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
They look ok... the 505 never seem to fetch quite as much as the 501.

What I found weird, not as fake or anything like that, as they are indeed legit from what I can see, was the half-selvage and the selvage in the coin pocket. I have never seen Levis with half-selvage and I thought the selvage in the coinpocket was a detail from much older Levis.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some 33x38 1947's that are right on the money, unsoaked however. I'm thinking of only ever letting them touch cold water - any experiences with cold soaks? 33 is TTS, so in essence I've sized down one on these, but I'm hoping cold water will make a difference. Thoughts?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ they will shrink with a soak no matter what. less w/ cold, but if they are spot on, you'll be hard pressed to keep them that way unless you forgo soaking/washing. you can expect some stretch of course, but they will shrink overall--thighs, knees, and quite a lot on the inseam.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed - just cold washed my '47s for the first time (bought them after one cold soak on BS), and that waist came in considerably. I pulled on the legs for the first 45 minutes or so after the wash, so didn't really lose any length - may have even gained some, which was pleasant.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having an ice-cold soak as we speak. Here's hoping they turn out alright!

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those 15 year old 501's on previous page are incredible. Can't believe they were never washed and surprised they could hold up.

By the way, does anyone have any 55's with waist of 34? I'm planning to grab a pair of 55's in this size but would love to see post-soak measurements first.

Update: grabbed them.

lunapicVLC195534rearview.jpg

lunapicVLC195534frontview.jpg

This is my first LVC. Not sure if this is a decent pre-soak fit. Took advice of Pablo T and others to go tts (by actual waist measurement rather than tagged) with the hopes of getting a slightly slimmed down version of the 55 cut. But my waist was in between the 33 and 34, so I went w/the latter. Any thoughts? I can still exchange for the 33. Otherwise, will give these an initial luke-warm soak and see how things stand.

rick

Reaction score
i bought a pair of lvc 1955, my waist is a 38, i bought a 36 and after strecting they fit good at my waist. my question is the lenght, i want to soak them to shrink the lenght, but i am afraid that i will shrink the waist to much, any help would be great.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Trapp: If you haven't returned them, then don't. They look great on you pre-soak. They'll be perfect, once you soak them.

Rick: Fill the tub, bring a couple of beers and sit in the tub for an hour or two in warm water. Let them dry while wearing them and remember to do some good squats that will settle in the creases.

nomad

Reaction score
Agree, that's a really good pre-soak fit. They'll be really nice after a hot/warm soak, post pics!

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
Trapp: If you haven't returned them, then don't. They look great on you pre-soak. They'll be perfect, once you soak them.

Rick: Fill the tub, bring a couple of beers and sit in the tub for an hour or two in warm water. Let them dry while wearing them and remember to do some good squats that will settle in the creases.

thanks i will give that a try.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Do if you want weird baggy knees. Another option is just soak them warm in a tub for 3 hours, hang dry and wear the next day. Will be tight and stiff and first, but quickly stretch out.

King Leer

Reaction score
Sadly, they all shrink, but the knees can stretch back out.

Love the LVC shirts too...

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped by the Union Square San Francisco Levis store this week. They are finally carrying the LVC collection again. They had lots of models, shirts and t's as well as some actual vintage clothing mixed in. If you are looking for something you might want to give them a call.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads