• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw

^You do slim fit better than anyone else I've seen. You are consistently killin it.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks NDW!

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
St Crepin's Day
110412056.jpg

110412057.jpg

G this looks awesome!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lufty,

When pressing a collar that has no fusing you need to stretch it taught with your left hand (if you are right handed) while ironing away from the collar points with your right. It's tricky but if you iron toward the collar points the fabric will bunch up.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie is a good bit darker than it appears.

Have a good one,

Mike

FuckIt1.JPG

FuckIt2.JPG

FuckIt3.JPG

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
conservative business dress Tuesday. Collar's a mess, but it's completely devoid of fusible so I can never get it to look as sharp as I want. Tomorrow: People's Court taping.

Great suit, semi-spread collar would work much better tho. People's Court is taped at your work?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Great suit, semi-spread collar would work much better tho. People's Court is taped at your work?
Agreed, but spread collars in the laundry. No, traveling to NYC tomorrow for taping.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Yesterday's fit was so awful I didn't dare show my face. Hopefully today's is better.

that ability to self-critique is what is sometimes lacking in this thread. well played man.

and today's looks really good. I may have the same tie.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Tie is a good bit darker than it appears.

Have a good one,

Mike

FuckIt1.JPG

FuckIt2.JPG

FuckIt3.JPG

Subtle, but smashing MB. But why is it that for the last two weeks (especially seeing your head) I am convinced that you are really a Windsor knot guy somehow trapped in a FIH world? Have you ever thought about doing a side-by-side shot of a fit, one with each knot and see what the SF Intelligentsia has to say? It would just seem to match your broad shoulders and broader lapels.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Agreed, but spread collars in the laundry.

No, traveling to NYC tomorrow for taping.

Are you a litigant? And what does one wear for the People's Court?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Temp shot up to near 90 today, so I broke the emergency glass and pulled out the cotton suit.
Great choice of belt with that suit. I'm into the inverted contrast look here, but I see what you're trying to do, so good.
Originally Posted by spoozy
5609332533_a405065c1a_z.jpg

I like this quite a bit; the top half is especially good with just the right degree of pattern frenzy. Tailored trousers in the same colour rather than jeans and this look would be dead-on.
Originally Posted by ndw
More full legged trousers. Slightly lower button point on this SC - still a little high maybe?
Perhaps by a tiny, tiny fraction. I'm watching your experiments with different cuts with much interest.
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Not what I wore today, but I was posting this in the conservative business dress thread to "delight" Manton, so I'll throw it up here too.
I actually like the shirt myself, but perhaps not with this particular outfit. Seems to want a suit. Overall, super stuff as usual. The third look you posted, a couple of posts above this one, is my fave.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
You've been on a run of similarly conceptualised looks recently: blocks of colour for shirt/tie/suit, with a small-patterned square for interest. It's an eye-catching look; I like.
Originally Posted by ndw
Really great, HF. The DBs suit you. Overall color scheme is really nice too. The red ps adds a great pop.
Thanks. I really like DBs and how they look on me. But it's difficult to find a good fit in RTW, and even when I do, there are often other style details I'm not totally in love with (today's fit is a good example of this). I still like the look, overall, but it's not ideal. The pale grey birdseye I posted the other day is the one closest to my ideal DB in my mind's eye, but even that one is still not quite there. MTM DBs from my usual tailor aren't quite the style what I'm after either, though the one I have from them is still nice. Their bespoke would be a lot, lot closer, but I'm not one to push a house too far outside their traditional comfort zone. One day I'll give it a whirl, but the next bespoke commission I want to get later this year would definitely suit an SB configuration better, so it will have to wait.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Back to work.
Your short break did you a world of good I think. This outfit is a return to your usual form after a short run of sub-Spoo outfits before going away. More messing around in DBs. Trying out an idea I noticed in the "bold suits" thread I started a couple of weeks ago: using a checked shirt & strong tie to counterbalance the eye-catching pattern in the suit. Still not quite right, but the experiments are getting closer to what I have in my mind's eye:
UAw6R.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
One more, at end of day:

greentie.jpg

greentiecloseup.jpg

I like the way you "freshen up" your browns, reds and greens with crisp whites and blues (in the shirts). I always play by that "rule" myself to prevent PG's "poopy colours" (if I remember the term correctly, PG) and to bring some city in a country'ish look, if you know what I mean.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Subtle, but smashing MB. But why is it that for the last two weeks (especially seeing your head) I am convinced that you are really a Windsor knot guy somehow trapped in a FIH world? Have you ever thought about doing a side-by-side shot of a fit, one with each knot and see what the SF Intelligentsia has to say? It would just seem to match your broad shoulders and broader lapels.

I never tied a Four in Hand until I came here. I was a Windsor guy all my life, it was all I knew how to tie. I am not against them, if I can get them to come out ina good size, not a huge coconut knot.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
More messing around in DBs. Trying out an idea I noticed in the "bold suits" thread I started a couple of weeks ago: using a checked shirt & strong tie to counterbalance the eye-catching pattern in the suit. Still not quite right, but the experiments are getting closer to what I have in my mind's eye:

UAw6R.jpg

This is such a great suit, and it needs an equally great tie. I have not liked the ties you have shown with it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads