• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snow those dbss are probably best with sweats and drop crotch business, but the second velcro strap kind of kills it for me. those kvas are cool, but i dunno about the gum sole. i remember seeing an all black version similar to that from last season or one before that.

or find the black version of the mmm velcros i got
devil.gif

just got some more silent and dd stuff for those comfy non work fits

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
snowman, don't buy the ro's. you've got your own thing going on, keep after the tech **** and have fun. RO sneaks are having their little moment right now, but you just gotta keep doin' your thang; don't just buy 'em to buy 'em.

The KVA's are pretty nice, and obviously go with what you got. I'd say if you go DBSS you'll have to find some new pants.

Dunno man, don't force it.

uhhh. lo-fukin-l

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
5612602524_9e30b6eaf2.jpg

5612022243_e5c9a14af9.jpg

5612022269_d96fa204e6.jpg

5612602668_b4734b2faf.jpg

i really like 2 and 4, but maybe 4 is too much hype with the vibram sole? number 2 i feel works great all year round? the other two are pretty much ordinary.

1/2/3 or 4?

i don't own a nice pair of brown boots, dayton's are nice but a bit out of my price range

Juding by your recent WAYWT post, these would all work. The white wedge sole is the trendiest so I guess take that into account. Are they Grenson? I know a lot of people seem to like Grenson's lower line, which if I remember right is not made in England to the standards of their better lines, but I've always steered clear. The look is good, though.

Originally Posted by herzzreh
5259429926_9b8111128b_b.jpg

Should I? Not sure how versatile these would be... heck... how would they look with jeans? chinos?

They'd look pretty good with washed or well-faded denim, almost any shade of tan, and olive. Do you have a pair of bucks/red-soled shoes already? I like red soles but obv more neutral soles are more versatile.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
those look good to me. would look great with chinos. not sure about denim though. The blue/blue might be a little much. maybe with a cuff to break up the colors a bit? idk. what are they?
Check tres bien, they did a collab with Mcnair and they just put them up

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
well i like these too: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/kr...sneakers/35301

but i dont think theyll accommodate a stack that well, given the width of the shaft.

and i dont think i want to go with the ricks in all black

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/ri...sneakers/33790

id rather have inverted colour of synths

I like http://www.ssense.com/men/product/kr...sneakers/35301

It looks a lot like one of Dior sneakers which I really like.

Originally Posted by artishard116
WVnE6.jpg

(jeans)

Oh my god, I DO NOT like these jeans. What is up with all these patterns? They made me dizzy!

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
snowman, don't buy the ro's. you've got your own thing going on, keep after the tech **** and have fun. RO sneaks are having their little moment right now, but you just gotta keep doin' your thang; don't just buy 'em to buy 'em. The KVA's are pretty nice, and obviously go with what you got. I'd say if you go DBSS you'll have to find some new pants. Dunno man, don't force it.
this is good advice. i will take it. i am moving toward more relaxed pants. not so much like yours but a slight drop crotch, a la neil barrett. Attachment 63038 Attachment 63039 maybe those nb pants will look good with nylon rafs as well. Artishard, I kinda like those. Are they Rick? Obv needs some dope sneakers to go with em.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
+1. And yeah, the DBSS sneakers are not that easy to wear with just anything. You really need to pair them with the right bottoms. I generally only like how mine look when paired with DBSS half pants.

that's why i havent taken the plunge on them. I don't like my shoes doing all the talkin, and having to work my wardrobe around them.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ gettoasty
I like 1 and 3... which one depends on-
color - 3 looks to be cordovan colored (at least on my monitor) while the others are brown
what you're wearing them w/.... 1 looks a little more antiqued and therefore more casual than 3 which has more sheen to it.

Quixotic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^Too much money for flimsy leather - insert obligatory "go buy TOJ" comment but really, why NOT just get a Minimalist DR from Drew for 10 bucks more?

I like TOJ leathers, but I'm not a fan of really thick leather. Where is this Minimalist DR you speak of?
I've never touched this particular jacket, but I really liked the feel of the other R&B ones.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quixotic
I like TOJ leathers, but I'm not a fan of really thick leather. Where is this Minimalist DR you speak of?
I've never touched this particular jacket, but I really liked the feel of the other R&B ones.

What AR said, +1.

Get it in black lamb, fitted to your measurements. $710, no brainer.
Minimalist+DR.jpg

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rider2010-3.jpg
dayton rider, assuming the discount still applies

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads