• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
^ First one to not get it.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
in the history of my life since 1991, I have met only 3 people who failed to get a Goodfellas reference, and my daughter has yet to make it through the movie so I cant blame her.
facepalm.gif

Etienne Decroux and Jacque Lecoq were two of the founders of modern mime/physical theatre/one of the core principles of the modern theatrical clown. Spoo however seems to have seen it as the scene in Good Fellas where Joe Pesci goes off on Ray Liotta.

Sugarbutch: I like it, but that collar seems a bit wide for the rest of the look. The formality of it just seems slightly off.

tshaw

Reaction score
in the history of my life since 1991, I have met only 3 people who failed to get a Goodfellas reference, and my daughter has yet to make it through the movie so I cant blame her.
facepalm.gif

Count me in that, Spoo - never saw it and it's not on my Netflix list either...Sorry...
laugh.gif

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
The tie seems a little close in color and tone to the SC, but maybe that's just me...

Good eye. I wanted the tie to marry the top with the bottom, so whereas the closeup looks a bit off, looking at the whole picture, I thought the tie was a good way to carry the eye from the trousers up to the face - opposed to remaining on the jacket
smile.gif

I can't find it now, but whoever recommended a cream shirt, thanks for the suggestion - I don't have one but can see that it would pair well here.

And for all that wondered, the invitations asked for spring garden attire, and there were those who arrived in boater's hats. Be assured, if anyone upstaged the groom, it wasn't me
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
This one isn't conservative business dress, but with a rare 85 degree day I had no intention of wearing socks.

IMAGE_052.jpg

Nice, I don't normally like tassel loafers, except in occasions such as these.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
82 and sunny. Tomorrow will be 60 and stormy. Hockey playoff weather. Thanks Caniacs!

IMG_4719.jpg
[/SPOILER]
Lets go Rangers!

Love. The. Shoes.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
A rare non-Friday fit for me, purple shirt, navy blazer and a pair of shoes..

P1030691.jpg
P1030690.jpg

P1030700.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Shirt collar is good here, and as always, lovely shoes.

Originally Posted by ndw
More full legged trousers. Slightly lower button point on this SC - still a little high maybe?
OmUhQ.jpg
1UEYs.jpg

Vkxam.jpg
I think both the buttoning point & the trousers suit you well.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Not what I wore today, but I was posting this in the conservative business dress thread to "delight" Manton, so I'll throw it up here too.
bluedot.jpg

div>ots.jpg

Figured I might as well give some WAYW love to black footwear...
Black chelseas
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Wow, UC. Love the 1-button. I saw that someone gave you props for the photography, but the missus takes your pics, right?
Self-timer, this one. iLike your fit today, is it a suit?

Navi

Reaction score
facepalm.gif

Yeah...The only excuse for not getting that is never having seen it. Anything else is inexcusable.
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by spoozy
Some fierce discussion going on in here lately...won´t comment and rewarm them, though. Everything that must have been said, has been laid down.

@UC: great get-up, you´re the master of Kickass-cool photography.
@Aeglus: congrats on the job!
@Crusty: the suit looks a bit big and the tie work can be improved. Loving the straw hat!
@Thread: shirt is too close in tone to the suit, i dare say. Nice knit though!
@CP: nice look, Bro. As Nii put it, try to relax a bit, the pose is killing me
wink.gif

Anyway boys, Luciano hang from my neck today:

5609332533_a405065c1a_z.jpg
5609911584_a18f81bb28_z.jpg
5609333381_cc66db4698_z.jpg

Love everything here. Great SC fabric and tie. Perfect all around!

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
82 and sunny. Tomorrow will be 60 and stormy. Hockey playoff weather. Thanks Caniacs!
IMG_4719.jpg

NYR, what brand are those socks? Very fun looking! Love the shoes too.

I'm still getting the hang of my new tripod, already seeing an improvement for the full body pictures. Should be alot better in daylight too.

ApMo1.jpg

JOGyc.jpg

edit: I was sweating my balls off in this today, even with the jacket off.
frown.gif
I can't ******* wait until I get my new pair of tan shoes; the black shoes are bringing my more casual outfits down, too formal. But they're all I have so for now I shall get by. also lol @ how far up my tie bar was clipped. Whoops.

Should I cuff these pants or just have them hemmed? I'm leaning towards just a hem but I thought I'd see what people here think before I hem them at work.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
aUKH1.jpg

tumblr_l7ayyqeyMW1qbmp06.jpg

Well Mister, I think you look awesome in these pics.

ps. thank goodness you have lost that awful haircut and geeky glasses as per your blog.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

I think once you leave the NorthEast that number would rise dramatically. For those who haven't been blessed (NSFW):
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

That tie is challenging. Not necessarily bad, just outside my comfort zone. Nice look overall.

Some spilled coffee may have ended that challenge today...

Originally Posted by tshaw
facepalm.gif

Count me in that, Spoo - never saw it and it's not on my Netflix list either...Sorry...
laugh.gif

As a Trentonian, you should be ashamed!

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Love. The. Shoes.

Originally Posted by Navi
NYR, what brand are those socks? Very fun looking! Love the shoes too.

Cheers guys, socks are Missioni I believe. Century 21 by me has racks of similar ones...and I need some new socks...

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Threadbearer: I like the combo - especially the dark square/tie on the light suit/shirt. (Is that a suit or an odd coat and pants? The colors look really close, but I can't tell.) Looks like you're playing with positive negative space on your body, which is very cool. However, at least to me, the thin lapels and high gorge along with the collar of that shirt is making your neck look like an ostrich to me.
Thanks, titsworth. The suit is a pair of separates that look identical in real life but that are showing up in two shades in some of these pics. (The last pic in the set -- the one showing jacket sleeve and slacks -- is color-accurate.)

My neck looks like an ostrich no matter what I'm wearing, but yes, the lapels are pretty skimpy, to say the least. I probably would have passed on the suit had it not been on an insane clearance sale.

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I love that look TB. I know we're supposed to nit pick on thiis forum not offer praise but that's a fantastic summer look. Is there a jealousy icon?
Thanks, Ian. It's usually me who's jealous.

Originally Posted by spoozy
@Thread: shirt is too close in tone to the suit, i dare say.
Disagree, but maybe it's just the pics. The shirt is mint green.

Regarding your most recent fit, it strikes me as an incredibly good example of pattern mixing. It's way too busy for me, personally, but it suits your bolder style while still being cohesive. Kudos.

Originally Posted by tshaw
Would have liked black shooz with the suit, TB - classy and streamlined.
plain.gif

Hmmm. Interesting idea, Tom. Are you thinking loafers?

Overall impression is good, but the lapels are a bit too narrow for my taste. I wish the PS were white/cream with a navy pattern instead of solid navy. Seems a bit heavy.
Can't argue with any of this. Thanks for your thoughts, sb.

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
qUSyK.jpg

Please step a little to your right. You're blocking my view of the guitar.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
DSC_0861.jpg

I like your outfit a lot.

I however also think you should move your shoulders back a bit and hands more to the side IMHO. Sorry to have to tell you too!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deandbn
Well Mister, I think you look awesome in these pics.

ps. thank goodness you have lost that awful haircut and geeky glasses as per your blog.

Oh no, I still have my power glasses and awesome hair. Those are very old pictures.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
The shirt/tie/pocket square combination is not working for me. Perhaps a plain white shirt would look more crisp? The brilliantly patterned PS clashes with the stripes--to my eye. With that PS, I'd try a tie that picks up one of the more subtle colors in the PS. (Red?) The jacket is too short.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
The shirt/tie/pocket square combination is not working for me. Perhaps a plain white shirt would look more crisp? The brilliantly patterned PS clashes with the stripes--to my eye. With that PS, I'd try a tie that picks up one of the more subtle colors in the PS. (Red?) The jacket is too short.

Thanks for the advice, I was going for the blue in the PS to match the blue in the shirt. I'll try again with another blazer, tie and shirt today
smile.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather for the next two days in NYC is predicted to be rain, with chance of rain, and a side order of rain, so the fits for the next couple of days may not be particularly exciting. Somehow, I know you'll all have the fortitude to cope . . .

FWIW, then . . .

IMGP0384487x1280.jpg

IMGP0381966x1280.jpg

IMGP0382851x1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics