• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bm370z
Hes 16 and has the gumption to wear things which would probably make you publicly wet yourself, and he does it with ease. Ive given plenty of complements, they may seem few and far between, but thats just because, well, good fits here are few and far inbetween. Ill bet if you tried to rock RO youd look like a complete try-hard dweeb, in true ar six fashion. Prob the only time anyone will ever his name and fashion in the same sentence.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 123abc123
-I'm actually looking for draped shirts (brand is irrelevant)... If anyone wants to sell 1 to me im down, I just havent seen much on the FS threads.

-what happened to the asian guy that was selling you his?

hahaha, thnks. there drop crotch shorts from 0044

Here we go again -.-.

Uh, he is busy so I never get any answers or updates so yah...mainly the situation in Japan causing lots of trouble. I actually still haven't gotten a bunch of stuff from my proxy I ordered back in march 5th as well
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
so this is your connect?
devil.gif

Huh

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Can someone ban this cretin so the thread can move on?
I have seriously never seen someone get this angry in here. Actually, there was that one dude with the sunglass pics a couple years ago who exploded and got his thread stickied.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
Aeglus, I'm really digging the new hairstyle.

As for this picture..I just ate a **** load of chicken and waffles...and currently feel like I want to puke. Happy Anniversary to me :p

de1 by txvdub, on Flickr

Dawg come to ATL and we can hit up Gladys Knight's Chicken and Wafflest

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
but ril, when turn 18 u gon learn capitalization dawg?

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Derek92
Other than that the shirt could be more fitted (just Neiman Marcus from Savers) and the jawnz aren't worn in enough to be stacking correctly, what did I do wrong this time?
NM
Tanner
sexdbxsxs12
Florsheim by DB

Since both of your fits have been pretty universally panned, Im going to offer some moderate counterpoint:
-the first fit I liked a lot. Yes the shirt should have been tucked and yes your cuffs are pretty bulky, but it looks like the jeans fit great and with some time will look even better and the cuff issue will naturally sort itself out. On my moniter the shirt looks like a faded pink or lilac, which seems like a nice touch with the heavier primaries going on there. And I personally like the black oxfords (or oxford boots). Gives a nice 50's vibe.
-Second fit is heavily hampered by that shirt. It is pretty darn blousy and, fit aside, doesnt seem to help matters. The boots look nice and I have no idea why those glasses would be deemed unsuited for the fit. They seem fine to me...again 50's or 60's look, which goes nicely with the fit and even the hair.
Make a few small adjustments and I think this looks solid.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
It's definitely more enjoyable as a spectator to see ambitious failures than boring successes.

frown.gif
(but yeah, I hear you)

Originally Posted by Derek92
11WAYWT.jpg

Other than that the shirt could be more fitted (just Neiman Marcus from Savers) and the jawnz aren't worn in enough to be stacking correctly, what did I do wrong this time?
NM
Tanner
sexdbxsxs12
Florsheim by DB

Boots are great. I'm not crazy about the brass buckle on the belt, but whatever. Don't burn the shirt, just get it tailored so it fits you (tapered and/or darted); it doesn't have to be skin-tight, but it blouses out at the midsection in an unflattering way. Sleeves could be slimmed down as well, most likely. And do something with the hair (even just add a small amount of product).

Also, the jeans are money. Don't listen to the haters. The cuffs are not. For whatever reason, they looked better in the first pic you posted in them than in any of the subsequent pics. Cuffs on heavyweight denim tend to look better when folded, worse when rolled. There's a chance they'd even look ok if you just undid them one roll. If you want them to stack better, then stop cuffing and just let them break in with terrible-looking stacks (and maybe don't post in them for a bit, at least outside of the dedicated thread). I've never cuffed mine, and the stacking has really come along as the denim has softened up (check my day one v. day whatever pics in the contest thread).

Originally Posted by Guy Burgess
I like the hat. I just agree that it would have been better with different trousers.

I liked everything except the light trousers. Darker pants, maybe even those Diors you picked up. Just too much contrast as-is. 3:10 to Yuma jacket is great.

Originally Posted by Bm370z
Sounds like some kind of obscure reference to the vaguely defined hierarchy here which I clearly couldn't care less about.

FTFY. If you could care less, it means that you do care and that the extent to which you care could potentially be reduced. I assume that's not what you're trying to say.

Now please stop posting here. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I like reading this thread, and your posts make it considerably worse. [/troll feeding]

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Dawg come to ATL and we can hit up Gladys Knight's Chicken and Wafflest

That sounds like a plan..I saw that on food network? If not, then one of those food channels..these were churched up chick&waffs with fruit compote and collard greens with expensive meat cooked into it lol. I'd take the cheap **** anyday.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bmwhatever your name is, you seem like you'd fit in well over in MC. How about you go hang out with them?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I think there was some controversy as to whether that was a blanket or a throw rug. Thanks for clearing that up. edit:
04112011.jpg
Not sure why Amazon isn't letting me download the damn album. It's definitely the 12th already from where I'm sitting.
plain.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads