• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you want to see the ugliest amateur model, check out the Collateral Concepts lookbook for the current rendition.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lumen et umbra frayed shirt.
nAxMh.jpg
Thanks bows1 for the assist

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fat Freddy's Drop tickets
Paul Smith Cervantes in off white

larssss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Well, they claim it's "Vintage" but I don't trust that marketing ****. If it was truly vintage the brand would have an Irish sounding name like O'something, saluting the hard working immigrant men of the past whom worked the docks in NYC. But instead all we get is this bullshit train conductor imaginary that Context likes to use when modeling the shirts. Is this our hard working manly hero? He looks more like a villain.

2229.jpg

The "vintage" element of Gitman Vintage is that each season they go into their fabric archives and select a year (for SS11 they chose 1986) and recreate those fabrics for the seasonal collection. You can read about it on their website.

I think you are inferring vintage to mean "heritage workwear" or something along those lines, which is simply not the case and no one is claiming or marketing it to be so. The model with the ridiculous moustache is contexts choice, not Gitmans, they likely have no say in this.

Also, Gitman shirts fit great on most people, I know they work well for me.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake

Is the unfinished hem so you can shorten the collar length?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Is the unfinished hem so you can shorten the collar length?

It's actually finished (there's stitching visible at the hem), so the frayed detail is simply for aesthetic purposes.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's actually finished (there's stitching visible at the hem), so the frayed detail is simply for aesthetic purposes.

lol I know...Was just being a dumb ass. Cool looking shirt.

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Individual Sentiments charity piece, 100% of proceeds to red cross.

sick piece dude. looking for a IndiSent blazer myself..

xM.

Reaction score
Context does. Generally 15.5 to 16.5 shoulders, 17-18 pit2pit. Depends on the shirt.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a V-Room hoodie in a green and gray marled fabric. The lining of the hood is a black and white check. Ridiculously soft and comfortable. I love it but for some reason the drawstrings are way too long.

-LR

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Thanks bows1 for the assist

How'd you size? And if you don't mind me asking what'd you pay. I just bought my second one of these, same as you (white w/ black buttons). The first try (darker taupe colourway) was too small, will have to part with it.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
How'd you size? And if you don't mind me asking what'd you pay. I just bought my second one of these, same as you (white w/ black buttons). The first try (darker taupe colourway) was too small, will have to part with it.

I went tts with a 44. Really slim on me so I could have went with a 46 and be just fine. Bought it at dressspace @ $186.

The free gift thing is pretty cool. Got a margiela-esque cotton 5-zip jacket that fits me, surprisingly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads