• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
(10)?
did you click the link? then again i also like nike footscape wovens. and some other clarks models (weaver, wally)

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to sell a lot of ****. I bought a lot of things in the process of learning to dress well that I just don't wear too much anymore, and it's time to do a closet purge. Not like it's bad stuff, either. I just want to keep a few key items and create a minimal wardrobe, 15 pieces tops. Focus on other things for a while.

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
did you click the link?

then again i also like nike footscape wovens. and some other clarks models (weaver, wally)

Yeah. I guess we just have different tastes. I can't stand most moc-toes so to me this is a bad twist on an already ugly thing. And they remind me of paddles from the top down view- rectangular without any features or curves.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
I need to sell a lot of ****. I bought a lot of things in the process of learning to dress well that I just don't wear too much anymore, and it's time to do a closet purge. Not like it's bad stuff, either. I just want to keep a few key items and create a minimal wardrobe, 15 pieces tops. Focus on other things for a while.

XS/29 stuff?
laugh.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
Yeah. I guess we just have different tastes. I can't stand most moc-toes so to me this is a bad twist on an already ugly thing. And they remind me of paddles from the top down view- rectangular without any features or curves.
word. i understand what you're saying. i like footwear that many people would call "clunky." sole gotta be thick like a big booty chick

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist

Why would you want to do this? Unless you lack the space or need the money, is there a reason you feel the need to get rid of your stuff?

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As per my latest WAYWRN picture, I am wearing the occasional t-shirt in public now

Also, a minimalist wardrobe is not as easy - or supposedly enjoyable - as it sounds. I still find that I need more trouser cuts and colours for versatility and all the space I created by divesting myself of my more boring and/or dated MC shirts is being filled by more showboating stuff instead

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Plebe + tailor = your plebe **** fits perfectly.

I've always found this to be kind of overrated- Especially for shirts. People are always pushing MTM or tailoring as the route to go for shirts yet a constantly see results from both that look meh.

plebe + tailor:
-you need to have a pretty good tailor
-you need a shirt that at least fits well in unalterable areas (shoulders)
-if you do it right its going to probably end up costing $$ b/c you're probably getting the sides taken in + slimming sleeves + maybe something else... and going back to the 1st point that really adds up for those of us that don't live in NYC and have **** options for tailors.
-like notwithit said, really cheap stuff is probably going to be **** as far as materials/patterns/drape and tailoring ain't going to fix that. Why put $30 or so worth of tailoring into something that still feels like ****.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really don't understand most of this style as competition thing. At least with respect to what's been discussed here.

Also, I'm dirnking a martini (vodkatini) w/ smoked pickled okra and spicy bean (pickle juice/ smokra juice instead of olive brine). Is there a name for this?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
I really don't understand most of this style as competition thing. At least with respect to what's been discussed here.
I missed this discussion, what do you mean? I just scrolled around looking for it briefly so maybe it was discussed elsewhere.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Why would you want to do this? Unless you lack the space or need the money, is there a reason you feel the need to get rid of your stuff?
I feel like I could do a lot better starting over with the knowledge I have now. I doubt I'll be able to or want to maintain the minimal wardrobe for long, but it would be a good base to work with. A lot of the things I have just don't mesh with the direction I want. I spend too much time now thinking about what potential purchases would go with what I already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads