• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duct tape wallets

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well obviously most of the members were not going to be impressed BUT I think it is impressive that you can do that. I had a DuckTape wallet in grade school, I thought it was cool.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
is that a Mercedes with a stick?

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
is that a Mercedes with a stick?

Yes

Thanks for all the feedback. I would love to try to make something of leather.

NateWV

Reaction score
b5d920cd.jpg

1b02758a.jpg

alexanduh

Reaction score
definetly hit up the leather already haha. there are places that sell thin leather straps intended for reweaving baseball mitts.

alexanduh

Reaction score
^ nice. almost looks leather like *hint hint

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all you fegs need to shut the f up, probably can't even clip your own nosehairs let alone make something by hand. these are impressive.

Originally Posted by juliette2000
Really?

Then why in your first post did you immediately invite people to contact you if they are interested and then go on to state you can personalize them, etc? It seemed to me a pretty clear "Hey, here's some stuff I make. Contact me if you want to buy".

"Get ideas and opinions"? Really. HERE. In THIS forum?

It's one thing that they are fugly and that a cursory review of this forum would have made it clear that they would not be well-received in this forum.....but to try to skirt forum rules to peddle goods and then to try to backtrack when you got called out on it....simply dishonest. You might get a few sales off this, but you probably lost out on even more (or maybe not, this is so not the right audience for this product) by not playing by the rules that the rest of the members who sell abide by.

You seem to have some creativity. Perhaps if you considered using leather or some other reasonable material other than duct tape (the duct tape creations will get nastier over time), you might find a wider audience for your wares.

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
all you fegs need to shut the f up, probably can't even clip your own nosehairs let alone make something by hand. these are impressive.

Ha ha! Thanks, really appreciate it.

NateWV

Reaction score
Just came across this again... Laughing ****** off

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads