• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Dude, for a guy who looks that good you should mix in an expression that doesn't say, "Greetings, I'm about to annihilate your planet's resources and leave a withered husk in my wake!".
Well, he did say he had a new job.

Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
And for the record, I haven't seen one fit from you that I didn't like. You casual fits kick ass as much as this one.
Same here. I especially covet the "aggressive cut" of his suits, but I am not able to achieve it.
musicboohoo[1].gif

ctp120

Reaction score
EgdarAllan, I do appreciate the feedback and the info on the tripod. Don't intend to seem ungrateful for the advice. Thanks also to mktitsworth and others for the suggestions as well. And in the grand scheme of things, if I have to choose between being heavily criticized for the actual clothes I wear IRL or the way I stand when posing for self-portraits to post on the internet to show those clothes to other dudes, I'm pretty comfortable with how things have been going.
wink.gif

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
EgdarAllan, I do appreciate the feedback and the info on the tripod. Don't intend to seem ungrateful for the advice. Thanks also to mktitsworth and others for the suggestions as well.

And in the grand scheme of things, if I have to choose between being heavily criticized for the actual clothes I wear IRL or the way I stand when posing for self-portraits to post on the internet to show those clothes to other dudes, I'm pretty comfortable with how things have been going.
wink.gif

It's all good. Maybe the fact that no one has anything bad to say about the way you dress says it all?
fistbump.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Temp shot up to near 90 today, so I broke the emergency glass and pulled out the cotton suit.

Leaning1-1.jpg
Leaning2-2.jpg

Closeup-86.jpg

Sleeve-18.jpg

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
EgdarAllan, I do appreciate the feedback and the info on the tripod. Don't intend to seem ungrateful for the advice. Thanks also to mktitsworth and others for the suggestions as well.

And in the grand scheme of things, if I have to choose between being heavily criticized for the actual clothes I wear IRL or the way I stand when posing for self-portraits to post on the internet to show those clothes to other dudes, I'm pretty comfortable with how things have been going.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
It's all good. Maybe the fact that no one has anything bad to say about the way you dress says it all?
fistbump.gif

And trust me, there are plenty of bad things people can come up with to say. I feel sorry for Acrid's toddler.

Threadbearer: I like the combo - especially the dark square/tie on the light suit/shirt. (Is that a suit or an odd coat and pants? The colors look really close, but I can't tell.) Looks like you're playing with positive negative space on your body, which is very cool. However, at least to me, the thin lapels and high gorge along with the collar of that shirt is making your neck look like an ostrich to me.

Aldehyde

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
The tie seems a little close in color and tone to the SC, but maybe that's just me...

I would agree with that. Perhaps a cream shirt and navy knit tie?

That coat is a ton of fun though!
laugh.gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love that look TB. I know we're supposed to nit pick on thiis forum not offer praise but that's a fantastic summer look. Is there a jealousy icon?

blackrover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition

Went to a garden wedding this weekend...

09.jpg

Closeup/Deets:

DSCF0898.jpg

Linen/silk SC
OC shirt
Linen tie
Wool gab trou
Suede captoes

...thought a pocket square would be too much in this particular instance...

No one ever told you that it is not polite to out dress the groom!?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition

Went to a garden wedding this weekend...

09.jpg

Closeup/Deets:

DSCF0898.jpg

Linen/silk SC
OC shirt
Linen tie
Wool gab trou
Suede captoes

...thought a pocket square would be too much in this particular instance...

For this one I'm getting jet setting federal agent whose expertise gets called in all over the country. He's good. He's very good. He's exacting in every aspect of what he does and that's why, when there's a triple homicide ritualistic killing in the middle of a Federal forest, people pull out the stops to get him there. Cause he sees things everyone else misses, and can close the case when no one else can.

I think I'm just going to take it upon myself to come up with back stories for your fits from now on.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
For this one I'm getting jet setting federal agent whose expertise gets called in all over the country. He's good. He's very good. He's exacting in every aspect of what he does and that's why, when there's a triple homicide ritualistic killing in the middle of a Federal forest, people pull out the stops to get him there. Cause he sees things everyone else misses, and can close the case when no one else can.

I think I'm just going to take it upon myself to come up with back stories for your fits from now on.

Hahaha, please do.
rotflmao.gif

Lo Zingaro

Reaction score
Just put on my clotheshanger my bespoke Holland and Sherry "Crispaire" grey double breasted suit.
I love the blu silk lining inside, i've chosen it with my tailor. Next to the suit, a pair of "Inverness" by Edward Green. Beautiful and conforable shoes, the feet remain always dry, even if today it was 33°....the rest: a bespoke shirt (Alumo super 240 cotton) and Thurston braces. I always wear braces. I hate belts!
Oh i forgot a 100% linen handkercief, with a blue hem alla around, in my pocket.

Cheers

spoozy

Reaction score
Some fierce discussion going on in here lately...won´t comment and rewarm them, though. Everything that must have been said, has been laid down. @UC: great get-up, you´re the master of Kickass-cool photography. @Aeglus: congrats on the job! @Crusty: the suit looks a bit big and the tie work can be improved. Loving the straw hat! @Thread: shirt is too close in tone to the suit, i dare say. Nice knit though! @CP: nice look, Bro. As Nii put it, try to relax a bit, the pose is killing me
wink.gif
Anyway boys, Luciano hang from my neck today:
5609332533_a405065c1a_z.jpg
5609911584_a18f81bb28_z.jpg
5609333381_cc66db4698_z.jpg

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Hahaha, please do.
rotflmao.gif

I was just thinking please don't. At least not on this thread. I'm not the forum police but I thought this thread was supposed to be for displaying and critiquing outfits from which we can all learn, not for the exercising of amateur literary fantasies. I've known a few federal agents and none wore pink jackets.
laugh.gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
One of your best displays Spoozy. Trousers look a bit skinny but a very nice combination and refreshingly subdued on your part. Now get your hair cut!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads