• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can just see the Hasidim with the long coats and high white socks rocking some DBs
lol8[1].gif

Ngredient

Reaction score
How do they handle in the rain? I'm worried about how the suede reacts to water.

naatkins

Reaction score
I got some shoe trees from Clarks to put in my Sand DBs, and have decided against using them for the boots. The boots are a size 7 and the trees are Clarks for a 7-8. When I put them in you could immediately see around the sides of the front where it was warping the shape of the boot, pushing it outward at a sharp angle.

I only got them because the sand, unlike my taupe ones, seem to be a little softer, and fold in on themselves. For now I've just got a pair of socks stuffed in them and threw the trees in a different pair of shoes. Anyone have suggestions on holding the shape of the softer ones? should I find a smaller tree or just not worry about it? I never have with my taupe, but they're stiffer than the sand, so I haven;'t had that problem with them.

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrick_b
Other than the sole material, what's the difference between the two?

I have the same question and can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere in the thread. Is the only difference between the DBs and Bushacres the sole? Anyone?

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid
I have the same question and can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere in the thread. Is the only difference between the DBs and Bushacres the sole? Anyone?

Bushacre says natural leather exterior, man made interior (or thereabouts). The crepe soled ones do not say this. Thus, it is possible that the small leather heel area is real leather in the crepe soled version, and faux leather in the Bushacre.

However, I think its just not marked in the regular Clarks. In addition, it seems that Bushacres are an American product as the Bushacres do not come with UK sizing in addition to US sizing.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
It was my understanding that the Bushacres used synthetic materials while the regular DBs used real things.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SwiftLearner
For me, it has to do with socks/no socks. I tend to wear my DBs with very thin socks, and I plan to rock them this summer with no socks. If I had sized up, I would slide around with no socks.

In other news, man, I've been seeing a lot of DBs out in the City recently. Rode the L train to Williamsburg on Saturday night. It was Clarks central! Oy...

+1, they're getting common. Rarer colors for the win.

Originally Posted by Doctor Quack
It was my understanding that the Bushacres used synthetic materials while the regular DBs used real things.
I like the bushacre soles better. DBs crepe soles get dirty so fast.

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Suede + water =
plain.gif

I think this is a common misconception. A couple months back I put a pair of suede shoes under running water and scrubbed them clean. I packed them with newspaper and they dried out just fine.

While it is true that wate will leave water spots, all you need to do is what I did and it takes the spots out. If you look, there is a video on youtube of someone at Alden doing this.

y7bbb6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agalloway
about a year old now.... thinking of trying some black leather food soon. still on the fence though.

here's my post from a while back. they turned out pretty damn odd after some wear. i wouldn't recommend it.

Originally Posted by y7bbb6
DSC_0468.JPG

DSC_0476.JPG

dubbed my beeswax with black wax. these pics are from a month ago, i'll post pics of how they look now in a bit. i wonder if anyone has ever done this before...

agalloway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by y7bbb6
here's my post from a while back. they turned out pretty damn odd after some wear. i wouldn't recommend it.

any updated pics after the odd look now? cause they look perfect in those before pictures

Astronaut888

Reaction score
likely has been discussed here before, but......

Picked up a pair of DBs on zappos couple days ago at $80 - the sand and dark brown were $80 in my size- and I figured I'd better grab 'em fast b/c I notice from time to time Zappos has shoes (specifically DBs and some Red Wings) go on sale for what seems to be a very short period of time, only to return to the regular price without notice.

Has anyone else noticed this?
That is how I got my GTs for a nice price - randomly noticed that they were $230 and picked them up - back up to full price the next day.

DBs in that colorway are also back to $100 today.

Guess you just gotta keep an eye on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads