• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
Take because my wife was mocking my socks - I have no idea when I got these, found them during a clearout the other day. Worn with brown suede Sulka loafers and bespoke linen trousers:

SAM_4706.JPG

Out of sight is a surcingle / lizard belt, yellow university stripe shirt and a blue fresco half-lined sportcoat with smoked MoP buttons.

Consider me intrigued

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
Solid. Coat looks great.

+1

Some of your suit jackets/SCs look a bit 'off' to me Orge, usually in the front quarters area but I can't put my finger on what it is, but this jacket fits you very well, and you've combined it with a nice set of complimentary duds too. Great job.

Navi

Reaction score
less talking more pictures

1302472639-picsay.jpg

1302472391-picsay.jpg

1302472525-picsay.jpg

god the colors on my camera are so ******* bad
ffffuuuu.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sakura festival in Fairmount Park with the wife. Tried to get into the spring spirit with a BB pincord sack coat, navy trou, hand-painted sakura tie and sakura ps. …and some scenic shots. Forgive my poor quality phone photos.

Ike

Reaction score
Great tie. Those pants come out as a very dark navy in the pic - almost too dark, imho.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad photo. Updated post with better trou exemplar.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
+1

Some of your suit jackets/SCs look a bit 'off' to me Orge, usually in the front quarters area but I can't put my finger on what it is, but this jacket fits you very well, and you've combined it with a nice set of complimentary duds too. Great job.

Thanks. If you care to point out specific examples, I'd love to get a better idea of what you're talking about WRT my other jackets.

Rada

Reaction score
I'm sure some will hate the scarf, but I got it when traveling through mexico and central america at 18. Sentimental factor, you know
teacha.gif

tumblr_ljgbgmFaaG1qijcido1_400.png

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada
I'm sure some will hate the scarf, but I got it when traveling through mexico and central america at 18. Sentimental factor, you know
teacha.gif

Oh my god! Whats up stranger.. how things been? Still kicking ass?

Rada

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Oh my god! Whats up stranger.. how things been? Still kicking ass?

Everyday, my friend.... everyday
plain.gif

Actually, I'm on leave (wore the suit to a fancy local political function I attended with my mother)... other than that, just relaxing at the beach, getting more tattoos and simply enjoying the fact that I don't have to salute anyone for a while
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

If you're really interested, take time to review your own fits.

Compare your fits to people (here or IRL) whose aesthetic matches your ideal.

you saved me from writing a novel C.

i have nothing else to add.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thanks. If you care to point out specific examples, I'd love to get a better idea of what you're talking about WRT my other jackets.

Will do going forward. It seems like your suits and jackets often seem to fit you well around the shoulders and chest but the vertical balance seems off, like they are short/tight - perhaps 'truncated' is the best word I can think of - around the lower quarters which doesn't flatter your build. I'm not suggesting that you should go for loose, baggy quarters and as ai understand you thrift a lot of your gear for enviably low prices it may just be a nit pick as I'm pretty sure you are regarded highly among the better dressed SF igents.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
teacha.gif

For a minute I thought 'when did Russel Brand join the forum?' but then I remembered you're not a long haired English fella but a beautiful exotic lady. Scarf looks fine!

tombrokaw

Reaction score
teacha.gif

I think it's a very unique touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics