• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navi

Reaction score
My byron's.
picsay-1302291500.jpg

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look good. You're pulling your pant cuffs up to better show off the shoes, right?

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Look good. You're pulling your pant cuffs up to better show off the shoes, right?

Thanks. I was sitting down
laugh.gif

Ike

Reaction score
I've had trouble finding decent feedback on the executive collection in the search function. I am going abroad to work in Tunisia starting in around September, and the rubber soles appeal to me for practical reasons - the pavement in downtown Tunis is quite good, but sidewalks are spotty at best in a lot of places.

Any feedback? I'm honestly even looking at that men's wearhouse sale, because they have buy one, get one 50% off on them through the 14th (never thought I'd say I was looking forward to a men's wearhouse sale).

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ike
I've had trouble finding decent feedback on the executive collection in the search function. I am going abroad to work in Tunisia starting in around September, and the rubber soles appeal to me for practical reasons - the pavement in downtown Tunis is quite good, but sidewalks are spotty at best in a lot of places.

Any feedback? I'm honestly even looking at that men's wearhouse sale, because they have buy one, get one 50% off on them through the 14th (never thought I'd say I was looking forward to a men's wearhouse sale).

I like them but they run very narrow.

commie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hohneokc
Both are calf. The burnished means the leather is rubbed with an "antiquing" look. It will have some depth and light color variation from shoe to shoe. Kind of like stained wood, but not so drastic on the grain. The black will be a uniform black over the entire shoe.

I have some burnished brown Hinsdales as an example.

Chris

Anything different with Calf. versus the other AE shoes? They listed the Townley's with Calf's, but not the other shoes.

Ike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs

Thanks. I'm a 12C in the #5 last, so I'm hoping that'll fit me. I'm heading downtown tomorrow to go to MW and the AE store, I'll see what I can find.

Just wish MW had a "brown," they offer walnut in one option and chili in another - but they don't even call them that - too complicated for the in-and-out cheap suit buyer, I guess.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs

+1. I tried the Presdios because I think they're about the best looking loafer in the price range. Had to return them after wearing around my office for a day because the toe box on the last is crazy narrow. I probably could have sized up in a lace-up and been fine, but the the next size up in the Presdio had major heel slip. If they fit your foot, I think the Executive Collection is pretty nice.

LukeM

Reaction score
Where are the cheapest places to get AE's?

granjamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reidrothchild
+1. I tried the Presdios because I think they're about the best looking loafer in the price range. Had to return them after wearing around my office for a day because the toe box on the last is crazy narrow. I probably could have sized up in a lace-up and been fine, but the the next size up in the Presdio had major heel slip. If they fit your foot, I think the Executive Collection is pretty nice.

Another +1. Hopefully you can try them on before buying. The executive last is quite narrow.

Ike

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm going to try that buy one, get one 50% off tomorrow at Men's Wearhouse on the Executives and see how they fit - I'll need to like both of them enough.

LukeM - there's a good thread in the FS section on them - great prices. Ebay also works. AE also has a sale starting tomorrow - the 11th.

granjamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LukeM
Where are the cheapest places to get AE's?

Shoe bank has had some sales of late. Go to the AE website and click on "Store Locator." The Shoe Bank is in Wisconsin.

They also go on sale once or twice a year. The sale will be honored at most retail locations as well as the online store.

Ike

Reaction score
Sale went up @ midnight on the website. Mcalister down to $250, which is nice. Also, almost all accessories are on sale - dress belts, shoe trees, etc... nice sale, wish there were more shoes on it. Wanted to cop the Walnut strands, but might do mcalisters at that price.

granjamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord Asquith
They do come in widths
lol8[1].gif

Indeed they do. Still best to try on if one has limited experience with AE lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads