• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man of Steel (2013)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Awesome for Viggo. I'm also psyched to see Kristen Stewart as Snow White.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of either of that casting choice. I just can't see Viggo as Zod in any shape or form. In my mind he's indefinitely linked to Aragorn. Not really his fault, but for me I'm just kinda "ehhhh" about him as a villain.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
I'm not a fan of either of that casting choice. I just can't see Viggo as Zod in any shape or form. In my mind he's indefinitely linked to Aragorn. Not really his fault, but for me I'm just kinda "ehhhh" about him as a villain.

I think it's a good pick.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7

Check out his performance in Eastern Promises. He can be really intimidating.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amy Adams is Lois Lane!

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Amy Adams will star in the coveted role of Lois Lane in the new Zack Snyder-directed Superman feature film.

Snyder remarked, "Second only to Superman himself, the question of who will play Lois Lane is arguably what fans have been most curious about. So we are excited to announce the casting of Amy Adams, one of the most versatile and respected actresses in films today. Amy has the talent to capture all of the qualities we love about Lois: smart, tough, funny, warm, ambitious and, of course, beautiful."

Amy Adams will star opposite Henry Cavill, who plays the new Clark Kent/Superman in the film. The main cast also includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner, as Martha and Jonathan Kent.

Amy Adams was recently honored with her third Oscar nomination in five years, for her performance in the true-life drama The Fighter, with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. She previously earned Oscar nominations for her work in the acclaimed films Doubt and Junebug. She has also starred in such diverse hits as Enchanted, Julie & Julia, Charlie Wilson's War, and Catch Me If You Can. She will next be seen in Walter Salles' On the Road with Viggo Mortensen and The Muppets.

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

Superman is currently scheduled for release in December 2012.
Good thing they didn't go with the no Lois Lane route, that would have been an instant disaster.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She's going to be the most upbeat Lois Lane ever.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Margot Kidder's Lois Lane will be impossible to top. Same with Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent. Another actor might be able to nail the Superman role, but Reeve's performance as Clark is what made the original movies special.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viggo NOT in Superman... "...director Zack Snyder has confirmed that Viggo Mortensen (The Road) will not be appearing in Superman: Man of Steel – meaning someone else will be stepping into General Zod’s, Kryptonian/leather, shoes – assuming the character will even appear in the film. Speaking with Latino Review, Snyder was especially candid about rumored front-runner Mortensen, “Yeah Viggo is not going to be in the movie let’s say that right now. I can clear that up.” But after seeing Sucker Punch, I can safely say this will be the 2nd worst Superman ever.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
'Superman': Michael Shannon set as General Zod
micheal-shannon_320.jpg
The Man of Steel now has an enemy: Warner Bros. announced Sunday that they’ve locked in the Oscar-nominated Michael Shannon to play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman in the reboot. Director Zack Snyder said in a release from the studio: “Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.” Shannon joins an already Oscar-friendly cast that includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
via EW

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ughh, Zod...
plain.gif

I have no idea who that actor is but dude looks like Dwight from The Office.
frown.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Ughh, Zod...
plain.gif

I have no idea who that actor is but dude looks like Dwight from The Office.
frown.gif

Probably one of the most talented actors of his generation. He can do evil pretty well, particularly complex evil.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aside from Boardwalk Empire, he's quite exemplary in The Runaways.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads