• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

babump

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tehbry
Looking for sizing help on the xx-011. Looking at BiG, it looks like most people size down 1? Is that the general consensus?

Yes that was what I was recommended. I sized down one from my true waist (33) to a 32 and the fit is great.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
That makes sense, the leaf is from the indigo plant. I didn't even think of that, I always thought it was just a random leaf.
yup ... its an indigo leaf. i think the guys at big helped with the idea and design for pbj. if you ask me its quite cleaver, although i am extremely biased
smile.gif

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
OK. So who's getting these new 24 oz. PBJ models coming in the next month or so? I've heard that there will be a regular indigo model, a deep indigo model, and a purple face model. Cuts will be based on XX-005 and XX-011, rumor has it that the XX-005 cuts will only be available in smaller sizes and the XX-011 cuts will only be available in larger sizes.

They've dropped at BiG. Anyone picking them up? They look beautiful, but $438 is too much for my wallet... I don't know why I thought that I'd be able to afford them.
plain.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
They've dropped at BiG. Anyone picking them up? They look beautiful, but $438 is too much for my wallet... I don't know why I thought that I'd be able to afford them.
plain.gif

Only 21 produced?.. Man....

Is that only 21 of each size our overall? 24oz be some thick jawnz...

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Only 21 produced?.. Man....

Is that only 21 of each size our overall? 24oz be some thick jawnz...

I didn't understand that either. BiG has only 21 pairs? Or only 21 total in the world? Or PBJ only did 21 of each size?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I didn't understand that either. BiG has only 21 pairs? Or only 21 total in the world? Or PBJ only did 21 of each size?
they are on the pbj site: http://www.purebluejapan.jp/pages/whats-new im sure big got the first run since they helped with the design. i have not looked to see if they are available anywhere else as of yet, but i doubt it. $450 for an original heavy weight design? who else can do that for their customers ... thats a ******* incredible deal.

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
they are on the pbj site: http://www.purebluejapan.jp/pages/whats-new

im sure big got the first run since they helped with the design. i have not looked to see if they are available anywhere else as of yet, but i doubt it.

$450 for an original heavy weight design? who else can do that for their customers ... thats a ******* incredible deal.

Looks like the -007 are out now and they're working to the -005 and -010 versions out by the end of the month.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like the -007 are out now and they're working to the -005 and -010 versions out by the end of the month.
does anyone know if pbj had to source a special loom or machine to produce the 24 oz denim? that is so ******* thick.

dawei94

Reaction score
where did it say that BiG helped with the design? I know the cut is a collab, but other than that it seems to be PBJ's

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dawei94
where did it say that BiG helped with the design? I know the cut is a collab, but other than that it seems to be PBJ's

well, its the 013 fit and they helped design that cut. read the site.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
Eight-G actually got an 28ozer model.
that is insane ... i wonder if the denim is wearable. 28 oz is just stupid.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

24 oz is just perfect?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its the breaking in thats a little tough im sure after a few months they become super comfy

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by habitant
24 oz is just perfect?

have you tried a pair? perfect for what?

honestly, 19oz is my max and even that takes a while to break.

im sure samurai wont be outdone so i wonder if they will do a 30/32 oz denim. that would be so fun!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads