• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Korean Bespoke Suit(pictures of details added)

ho1joon

Reaction score
Hello gents
smile.gif

Inspired by TF's mood, however I know the original TF suit silhouette usually doens't go well with
slim body like me. So I ordered a bespoke suit to my tailor. Based on TF, I changed it to match my taste and body type. Many things changed. well...I don't know it's successful, but I satisfied enough with this suit itself anyway.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
solid fit. really really solid. i think the jacket's pushing it on the short side... top of the back of the jacket is a bit tight is that unvented? How comfortable it that? love the SB + Peak lapels and the shoulders than again that's just my $0.02, I'm curious to see if others have criticisms. also, who's the maker and pricing, if you don't mind. edit - the only thing I was going to add was that I think this is more TF inspired rather than copied... TF has much wider lapels, roped shoulders, wider chest and shoulders and larger drop, lower button stance, etc... Still, I think it's pretty solid. If you're on teh short side, which I think you are then I would just suggest a lower button stance next time.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Looks better than other bespoke ones we see on the site. I would have preferred a lower button stance, especially if you were trying to imitate Tom Ford. edit- Also, if you were really going for the Tom Ford look, you could have done the larger pockets and a roped shoulder.
smile.gif

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I am very impressed, I was expecting some cheap looking mail order suit, but this looks great. I think you hit the nail on the head with taking the TF look and making it suit you.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very nice fit.
Button the top button of your waistcoat and please don't leave your tie like that. Having a longer skinny blade doesn't look cool it looks like you spent a chunk of change on a very nice bespoke suit and yet don't even know how to fasten a tie.

ho1joon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
solid fit. really really solid.

i think the jacket's pushing it on the short side...
top of the back of the jacket is a bit tight
is that unvented? How comfortable it that?

love the SB + Peak lapels and the shoulders

than again that's just my $0.02, I'm curious to see if others have criticisms.

also, who's the maker and pricing, if you don't mind.

Thanks for your advice. I first tried no vent suit...I don't feel uncomfortable with this until now
compared to other vent type.

And this was made by Sartoria Vanni, fabric is Loro Piana, and priced about $1.8K

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think it looks great

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks really good to me.

ho1joon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Looks better than other bespoke ones we see on the site. I would have preferred a lower button stance, especially if you were trying to imitate Tom Ford.

edit- Also, if you were really going for the Tom Ford look, you could have done the larger pockets and a roped shoulder.
smile.gif

Thank you for your compliments...as I wrote above, My purpose was not immitating TF look. Drawing hundreds of illustrations, I try to find what and how should I change in TF to suit my taste and body. For example, TF has extreamly lower button stance(which makes suit looks shorter in the bottom) and also, to cover it up, long coat length than other brands' suit. Than I thought who has bad body proportion and short body like me can't afford that length. So I rearranged tha button stance. Shoulder seam type and pocket was just my taste
smile.gif
(actually besom pocket is related with the length and button stance matter)

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Looks really good to me.

^^^^What he said.
smile.gif

I like the cut of the vest. Very nice.

As for unvented, I've seen this on slimmer men and I think it looks better than vented.

That is a beautiful suit, and fits your body type well.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ho1joon
Thank you for your compliments...as I wrote above, My purpose was not immitate TF look. Drawing hundreds of illustrations, I try to find what and how should I change in TF to suit my taste and body. For example, TF has extreamly lower button stance(which makes suit looks shorter in the bottom) and also, to cover it up, long coat length than other brands' suit. Than I thought who has bad body proportion and short body like me can't afford that length. So I rearranged tha button stance. Shoulder seam type and pocket was just my taste
smile.gif
(actually besom pocket is related with the length and button stance matter)

Sounds like you knew exactly what you wanted and got just that. Job well done I think it looks great.
bigstar[1].gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks very very nice.

High button stance, unvented, and a tad short on length are my only qualms

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Suit looks great. Proportions are very good. More tasteful than TF who exaggerates proportions and calls it style.
Did you request the width of the breast pocket or is that their own standard width? Width is more Italian like, looks good, nothing negative about it. just unusual to see that from a tailor in Seoul.
Jacket length is good for you, don't change it. You have long arms but the length works.
One thing drives me crazy, Koreans make the pocket pipes on the bias. your jacket and trouser pockets have bias pipes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads