• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Jay-Z with MMM chains.
jay-z-nets-knicks-2.jpg

has anyone handled a pair in person? if so, how are the chain eyelets attached? its such an odd way to lace a shoe but i like it.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Sorry but I got to disagree with that, not just anyone can wear DBSS even if it is all black. DBSS are huge and bulky, I remember a few months back there was even a discussion here on how difficult to find jeans to go with it, there was maybe 1-2 looks where it looked good and that was it.
Damn for real? They didn't look obnoxiously big from most of the stock pictures....gonna have to rethink getting them then. I'm almost 6'0 about 180, so I didn't think they would look like moon shoes on me. May be mistaken though. Any suggestions for 'sleeker' predominately black high tops? Besides your basic run of the mill lanvins and CPs.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Raf, Silent, mmm, AnnD all have offerings but these are pretty different from one another.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Raf, Silent, mmm, AnnD all have offerings but these are pretty different from one another.
True that. I'm looking for non patent, lace up (zipper or velcro accents are cool though), predominately black high tops. No gum sole, so SQ's margielas are out. Has anybody handled the s/s11 Silent sneaks and can comment on quality? $350 retail...
520C2.jpg

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Usher-GStar-Denim-Jeans-Diet-Butcher-Suede-Slim-Skin-Sneakers1.jpg

The problem with usual stuff Usher wears, its just expensive stuff - if it wasnt because it was Usher it would look pretty stupid, Usher is (no ****) good looking and has almost unlimited coolness(famouse+rich) so everything he wears will look "good", almost the same with Beckham.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
True that. I'm looking for non patent, lace up (zipper or velcro accents are cool though), predominately black high tops. No gum sole, so SQ's margielas are out. Has anybody handled the s/s11 Silent sneaks and can comment on quality? $350 retail...
R F X Also these are up for sale

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rfx has both of those silent sneaks. bawse.
im sure if you ask nicely, he'll chime in with some advice
laugh.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Usher-GStar-Denim-Jeans-Diet-Butcher-Suede-Slim-Skin-Sneakers1.jpg

The funny thing to me about these mouth breathers is that ok they're into baller sneaks these days and are trend setters amongst their brethren and what not but why is it the rest of their clothes are still ******? Jayz I can understand bc he's like a size 56 in mmm
lol8[1].gif
Btw usher is like 5'6" that's why we should get bm370 in here talking about his proportions.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
The funny thing to me about these mouth breathers is that ok they're into baller sneaks these days and are trend setters amongst their brethren and what not but why is it the rest of their clothes are still ******? Jayz I can understand bc he's like a size 56 in mmm
lol8[1].gif

Btw usher is like 5'6" that's why we should get bm370 in here talking about his proportions.

i like the scarf ... but thats about it.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
rfx has both of those silent sneaks. bawse. im sure if you ask nicely, he'll chime in with some advice
laugh.gif

Calling RFX! I actually sent him a PM regarding the DBSS but he didn't respond to me : ( These PH on his tumblr look really good too.
tumblr_lgq4jsnNjb1qcpaat.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
keep sending

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
R
F
X

Also these are up for sale

I wish there were cobblers in my area that would be able to resole sneakers like that.
confused.gif

My julius sneakers will need it soon.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
resoling seems quite a bit more difficult, didn't you have success with topy ?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had a layer of topy added throughout the sole on my Julius sneakers (soles similar to ann d but smooth). That turned out well. Not sure if they'd be able to cut just the heel portion out and replace it with a rubber layer (and have it look good) like in those pics though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads