• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Video Game Sequels

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm not as bearish on KOTOR 2 as you guys seem to be. It was nowhere near as good as the original, but it wasn't drastically changed for the worse. At least the new devs behind it didn't take an "it ain't broke, but let's try to fix it anyway" approach to the mechanics or gameplay. The characters and storyline were ho-hum, but the gameplay was, more or less, the same. Maybe I just really needed to scratch the itch to play some more hours as a lightsaber-swingin' jedi. I dunno. But I enjoyed the experience.

Contrast this to DA2, for example. DA:O had KOTOR style gameplay in a fantasy setting. DA2 changed **** around dramatically, giving us button-mashing Dynasty Warriors gameplay in a gay-looking Final Fantasy setting full of characters who could reasonably pass for backup dancers at a Lady Gaga concert.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kotor 2 is definitely one of the worst all-time - not just because it paled in comparison (story-wise) to the first, but also because it was buggy as hell.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainbow Six: Lockdown and every single bloody "Tom Clancy" game since. Ubi changed "Tom Clancy" franchises from intelligent tactics oriented games to mindless action drivel - I already had UT for that.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Obligatory Deus Ex 2 as worst sequel ever reference now satisfied.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bioshock 2. Bioshock one is meh to me. Bioshock 2 blew ass.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Bioshock was meh. Bioshock 2 was alright, I at least finished it which is more than I can say for Bioshock.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
From this

256px-GoldenEye007box.jpg

to this

The_World_Is_Not_Enough_Coverart.png

was a major step back for the Bond franchise. I know Perfect Dark was more or less a sequel to Goldeneye from Rare, but as soon as the Bond franchise left Rare it was over.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
golden eye was sick. only god knows how many hours and weekends i spent on that thing with my friends

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
far cry was excellent. far cry 2 was a ******* disgusting flaming pile of ******* ****. i wouldnt feed it to starving ethiopians.

Far Cry 2 was excellent. They needed to revamp the travel mechanics a bit, but it was a wicked fuckin' game with awesome little elements of realism added in. That said, it had nothing to do with Far Cry 1 and can't even be considered to be a sequel in my opinion.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man
Far Cry 2 was excellent. They needed to revamp the travel mechanics a bit, but it was a wicked fuckin' game with awesome little elements of realism added in. That said, it had nothing to do with Far Cry 1 and can't even be considered to be a sequel in my opinion.

Far Cry 1 was awesome at the time, 2 was disappointing

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
From this

256px-GoldenEye007box.jpg

to this

The_World_Is_Not_Enough_Coverart.png

was a major step back for the Bond franchise. I know Perfect Dark was more or less a sequel to Goldeneye from Rare, but as soon as the Bond franchise left Rare it was over.

Man I spent so many hours on 1v1v1v1 with Goldeneye it was ridiculous.

I got the World is not enough also, it sucked compared to goldeneye although there were more gadgets, etc. Also none of my friends bought it either...

Bakes

Reaction score
the leveling system killed oblivion for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads