• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kRs8q.jpg
EinUG.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
got some grey ndg jeans and they have kind of a camel toe thing going on... hmm... really thin denim and loose cut, does this happen?
23mjo9.jpg

Those jeans suck man, return them for some sweatpants.

GlenCoe

Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nicelynice- Those jeans look way too baggy on you. Everything else you wear seems to be much more slim fit.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nigo (from a bathing ape) has a new workwear/heritage project called Human Made.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
as opposed to ape-made ?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually on bathing ape stuff it says "made by human"
some stuff says "general made"

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
all your ape are all belong to Chinese I.T.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, which i suspect is part of why he started Human Made as a separate project.

also, that sale probably has more to do with trying to expand into china than anything else. a friend told me so.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I get to pick the next MC contest so someone help me think of a good one. I don't think they're ready for another sw&d themed one.

How about something where they have to mix up their proportions. I think that 1/2 slim, 1/2 loose, would blow minds there. I mean, it's a pretty common theme in fashion (just see Ervell's boxy jackets and very slim, cropped, pants) or countless nuche Japanese designers doing slim tops and oversized harem pants, but it's not even done often here, which is sort of a shame.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've found most jeans look fine from the front but it's the ass sectionw where all the fits either go right or way wrong. I often see dudes walk past and once I've just ID'd the maker becuase of the pockets, the second thing I notice is the terrible ass fit (no ****, serious). Do people just not care about that? Do guys just not check out their asses in the mirror when buying and notice the fit is all over (either way loose, or ass crack creep, etc).

Nicelynice's NDG's got me thinking about that since I tried on a pair and from the front they were great, I loved the denim, construction, etc but the ass fit was totally off so I just sighed and put them back.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the way the seat fits is a factor of several variables - rise, yoke, and waist all affect it. levi's 501s are generally described as "antifit." i can't imagine the seat of those fitting someone tightly

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nicelynice, both mellow and I have had the same problem with NDG jeans. It's the cut of the top block; somehow it doesn't seem to work out. I would have guessed that they only look good on skinny people (kitakira once posted a great fit with some), but since mellow looks pretty rail-thin and you're not huge yourself, I'd guess it's just an issue with the pattern.

edit: god, for the sake of the noobs i sometimes wish SF had some sort of useful "rep" system

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I get to pick the next MC contest so someone help me think of a good one. I don't think they're ready for another sw&d themed one.

All black everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads