• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught by some food poisoning today.
Infuriating because it came at the hands of some pricey burgers from a subset of Charlie Palmer's (in the bloomingdales in one of So-cal's shopping mecca).
Sick as a dog now, but hopefully it will clear out and I can get back tomorrow.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
5 for me, nice and easy in light rain. Aching knee, hope it doesnt cause trouble during this Sunday's 10K in central park.
NYR, still want to come your way and take a run sometime. Promise it won't be weird like it usually is when the internet meets real life.

LOL, not at all. Once my playoffs end I'll be running a lot more and maybe do a Bay Ridge to Union Square run...over the Bridge.

Rene

Reaction score
I run more than 2 KM daily, and i am regular with mu routine. This running
workout help me in fitness, and maintain my weight on ideal shape for the
fitness.

Baltimore Gym

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little over 12 miles on the treadmills at my apartment.
I finally got a little bit of a rythm on the damn thing, but the experience still leaves a lot to be desired.
No work for me tomorrow so I will probably double.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: 7.7 in 58:26. Felt fine but it was back to warm and humid. Took a really cold shower afterward (hot water was uncooperative) and still broke a sweat as I shaved afterward.

jwied82

Reaction score
10 on the treadmill last night, 0.5 incline, started at 9.0 mph and increased by .1mph each mile (last mile at 9.9 mph). The two days before that i ran about 12 miles outside each day, so i used the treadmill last night to give my legs a little break from the pavement.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jwied82;4336691 said:
10 on the treadmill last night, 0.5 incline, started at 9.0 mph and increased by .1mph each mile (last mile at 9.9 mph). The two days before that i ran about 12 miles outside each day, so i used the treadmill last night to give my legs a little break from the pavement.[/QUOTE

Dreadmills also are good hill work out machines if you do not have real hills.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, after a strangely restful sleep and a busy early morning, knocked out 4 in 29:00. Felt good, but felt my focus wandering.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful weather - at last. 10 miles.

jwied82

Reaction score
5 x 1 mile repeats at the track last night in 5:40, 5:24, 5:25, 5:20, 5:36.
tonight ran for about 73 minutes, probabaly around 11 miles or so.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.5 on the treadmill lastnight - working on getting todays run in still at the moment- it will be a late one.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horrid run in the secret spot, my achilles got trashed after 1.5 miles, made through 5 and feel realy sore today. Perhaps I need to chill on the big hill stuff for a bit.
I felt so out of it running, I actually ate a gu. No help that was.....sad.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Horrid run in the secret spot, my achilles got trashed after 1.5 miles, made through 5 and feel realy sore today. Perhaps I need to chill on the big hill stuff for a bit.
I felt so out of it running, I actually ate a gu. No help that was.....sad.

Man I hate having days like that. Maybe it's time for a few easy runs on a flat course. Hope you bounce back soon.

Today: 14.7 miles in 1:53:00. Walked a few times but otherwise a solid run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads