• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Harsh, dude. There is really no need.
- actually I beg to differ as this thread has become a lot of "car wreck" back patting.
- unfortunately there is too much to comment on a daily basis.. Maybe we need a top 5 Car Wrecks of the week to be dissected not complimented

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a great dresser. Maybe instead of being needlessly cruel you could give helpful critique. People, myself included, come here for advice, not to be mocked.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a great dresser. Maybe instead of being needlessly cruel you could give helpful critique. People, muself included, come here for advice, not to be mocked.
- I tried earlier this year & ended up cutting & pasting the same feedback, actually the same sort of feedback that others seasoned SFers have given to the same offenders
- but majority of people here want to hear only back patting or where to get brand "X" at a discount instead of concentrating on basics such as fit & balance, there is only so much one can provide feedback

Chico2007

Reaction score
Maybe instead of being needlessly cruel you could give helpful critique. People, myself included, come here for advice, not to be mocked.
+1

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I give you accolades routinely for the fits you post, even when I don't fully comprehend specific pieces of them (like your unbuttoned collars, which seem totally affected, to me). In nearly six months of posting pics, you have never acknowledged a single compliment, nor given a shred of advice to me. I really don't give a ****, as others have been really helpful in giving constructive criticism. But I wonder who really comes here for the hand jobs.

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I give you accolades routinely for the fits you post, even when I don't fully comprehend specific pieces of them (like your unbuttoned collars, which seem totally affected, to me). In nearly six months of posting pics, you have never acknowledged a single compliment, nor given a shred of advice to me. I really don't give a ****, as others have been really helpful in giving constructive criticism. But I wonder who really comes here for the hand jobs.

Probably the reason he doesn't try to give critiques is because:

Harsh, dude. There is really no need.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Probably the reason he doesn't try to give critiques is because:

Nice try, but it is actually pretty easy for an adult to give constructive criticism on a board where other adults are asking for it. The last several pages are brimming with examples of gentlemen helping other gentlemen.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- I used to thank every back pat, but don't really see the necessity as we end up having pages full of multi-quote thanks - if others have already piled on a SFer & have said the same thing I would say then I leave it. Every advice others have given you is pretty much the same I would give - there is a very common learning curve here, usually the early stages are a combination of too many colours/patterns which is then pared back before then understanding balance & proportion, then the colours/patterns come back & so on. - the reality is a lot can be picked up just from lurking & then quantum leap is when one starts taking pics & sees the errors. Very similar to the first time one hears their own voice or video of themselves. One of the best lessons I learnt is to capture my presentation to see the glaring issues in delivery etc. - I'm quite certain a lot of noobs think it is easy until they see their first pics, then they step back & practice.

Navi

Reaction score
Crap pics with new pants. :/

1302400657-picsay-1.jpg

1302400779-picsay.jpg

1302400860-picsay.jpg

Damn I need a new camera...
musicboohoo[1].gif

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever dude, the people complaining the loudest about the SF love fest are old timers who come in and post pics, get roundly praised, but add nothing else to the threads/forum.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phat Guido has contributed more valuable content than the majority of posters on this forum. His style is classic, and a good example worth taking note of. He's our Asian Doc Holiday.

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
Phat Guido has contributed more valuable content than the majority of posters on this forum. His style is classic, and a good example worth taking note of. He's our Asian Doc Holiday.
That's why it is surprising that instead of contributing "valuable content" or constructive criticism he was rude and decided to reveal his own insecurity and angst.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
He's also being kind of a dick. Speaking of which, Navi, I can see which direction you're dressing. Pull your pants down a little.
blush.gif
But seriously, PG, maybe you should just post your fits if you think back-patting is beneath you and this is the way you're going to critique people. Telling people they "are not ready" isn't the least bit helpful. And for the record "others have already piled on" the person you were responding to in that post, so clearly you're not above getting a few cheap shots in when others have already commented. You were fourth in line. I think he got the message. Seriously, I've noticed you being a jerk lately just because you don't like the way people quote other posts. Give it a rest. I respect your fits, but it's getting to the point where that's about all I respect.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
He's also being kind of a dick.

Speaking of which, Navi, I can see which direction you're dressing. Pull your pants down a little.
blush.gif
osts. Give it a rest. I respect your fits, but it's getting to the point where that's about all I respect.

Haha, whoops. My inaugural package picture.
satisfied.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads