• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
first morning it's really been warm enough to wear just a tank...heaven

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese

the weather is going crazy here- Thursday and Friday the wind-chill barely broke 40.... tomorrow the high is over 80.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
Hi, Daniel, would you accept $65 shipped? I'm in Canada btw. I know my offer is way lower than what you ask for, but an offer is an offer and you can get some cash for your other purchase. Let me know, please. Thank you!

Best Regards,

<NAME>

is this acceptable to anyone
ffffuuuu.gif

talking about the lanvin pants in my sig

ill give u $66 and a pack of newports

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
finally completing my transition into womanhood

(i had a hydrocele removed)

warning: do NOT gis 'hydrocele'
ffffuuuu.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese

finally i can go play outside
happy.gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
LMAO, my dad had this like 20 years ago. Are you gonna give up your 3" rise stretch jeans or what?
well actually now that my bulge is much smaller they'll fit even better once i'm healed :3 just added a bunch of stuff to my sales topic (not that anyone here would be interested)

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
^^Meh, just how things are nowadays. No interest in my Jil cashmere that is a little over $100.
ridic

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I love when they try to present some rational (in their minds) justification for their lowballing. I had one dude years ago tell me that "his friend" had the same thing and said it was worth $XX. Or I see it's not selling so I will offer you half of your asking price logic.

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
honestly, i dont mind hagglers but this was outrageous.

ive dropped them numerous times. the price is more than fair for unworn/un-hemmed brand new pants. they are lanvin and featured on the runway, if you cant afford it buy j crew *cue jetdawg

it's funny, but at the same time the market is the market. why don't you guys sell on ebay instead?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the market is the market, but it's ridiculous when you are selling an item for $600 and you get a PM saying &quot;hey, i'll take right now for $200. get at me with ur ppal!&quot;

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
delete. The sense of entitlement on B&S is pretty funny at times.

Speaking of, here is a PM exchange I had a few days ago (note, I did not personally forumban this person
smile.gif

LA Guy,

I was recently banned from posting in the Buying and Selling forum. I was selling Yoox bucks and reduced my price by about 3% (rather than the mandatory 5%).

I thought this price reduction was reasonable given that Yoox bucks are very liquid and typically sell in a very narrow price range ($0.83 - $0.87) on the dollar. My price reduction was already putting the asking price below this range.

Is there any chance I can get unbanned and try to relist my item?
Me:
Hi,

You'd have to pay the mandatory $300 fine first. The rules specifically state 5%. It is not up to you to make a judgement call regarding this figure, and especially without first consulting and getting explicit permission.

Cheers,

Fok.
Him:
I had no idea who to ask. I had to message several members just to find out who banned me.

I can't afford the fine. Sorry.
Me:
In that case, you should not have taken it upon yourself to adjust to rules of the forum to what you deemed to be "reasonable." The rules are simple and clearly stated.

You are still free to use the other parts of the forum,

Cheers,

Fok.
Him:
Perhaps I'll call you and we'll talk it over?
Me:
I suppose so. Well, you can call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. I don't have much time, but you can give me a call here. I have about 10 minutes right now.

Cheers,

Fok.
Him:
Forget it. I'll repost later. Go back to Wikilawyering an internet forum.
I then banned him. I mean, wtf? You actually knew the rule, and decided that you would change it to something more to your liking. And then you get pissed that I'm not sympathetic? Then you decide to insult me? Good luck selling your Yoox credit, asshole. Try Ebay. You can set the price however you want, but the final value fee is 9% these days.

On a related note, the 5% pricedrop rule will not be in effect under the new system. Instead, there will be no bumps, period. Every thread will be for a single item, so it will be easy for buyers to search listings using tags and categories. There will be a bulk uploader for people who want to sell multiple items. You can temporarily buy into different user groups that will allow you to bump your threads at specific intervals, for the duration of your temporary membership. You can also buy things like bolded (or otherwise more visible) listings. We are also working on a featured items option, that will take the place of the pinned threads, but that is probably not going to be there at launch.

Hopefully, this will get rid of inflated starting prices, and the market will be more "natural" as people decide make their listings based on a more market driven cost-benefit analysis.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds great, i await these features. but aren't people right now making their listings based on a market driven cost-benefit analysis? right now i would say this is a dutch auction. nothing wrong with this, but i like the ideas you put out.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when is the new system going to be in place? sounds promising

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Instead, there will be no bumps, period. Every thread will be for a single item, so it will be easy for buyers to search listings using tags and categories.
That would completely ruin most sales threads given that people don't use the B&S like that at all. But okay, I'm sure you've thought this through. Sufu b&s ahoy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol @ wikilawyering hahaa not like he can't just re-register

ya single item thing doesn't make sense, sf on that cashcow concept

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm with AR_SIX on this- no bumps will suck hard. I like the sufu once a day bump rule, works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads