• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
There's no market for BMWs with sticks? It used to be that if it was black on black, and 6 speed, you'd definitely get at least a few thousand more for it later. Those 540i/6's always held a lot of value even when they got to be 10 years old or more.

It's not a ///M. And it was a sedan. White exterior and beige interior also...old people combination. I don't mind. I enjoyed the car, even had to custom order it since it was an odd request. Wait time was the same as my whiskey, haha. :p

RFX, I had around 70k miles on it. It was also bad timing because leases were being returned. Coupes and Convertibles were available in the low 20s and they were way more optioned than mine was. Mine had leatherette, not even real leather.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know they even made a 335i with leatherette. I actually kind of like leatherette seats in German cars because it's infinitely more durable than leather. I hate cracked leather seats.

What car do you have now, wj?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
70k in 4 years and a member of e90post, people knew you drove it hard.
lol8[1].gif
Originally Posted by shibbel
you guys in big cities need to learn the power of buying out of state in smaller cities via a phone- my cousin bought his R8 at sticker here in milwaukee.
Easier said than done, it's not like it's a watch that can be easily shipped overnight.
Wow, I didn't know they even made a 335i with leatherette. I actually kind of like leatherette seats in German cars because it's infinitely more durable than leather. I hate cracked leather seats.
Every damn thing is an option with BMW, even the things you find standard in other cars.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i had a friend who flew to germany, purchased his bmw 330i, drove it to paris for fun, and flew back and had it shipped to his house. the end cost was same as msrp in the states

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's actually a program that all the AG manufacturers offer.

Shipping isn't as bad as you might think, and its especially cheap if one is forking over $10K+ above MSRP at home. I remember a long while back I was with my dad in the showroom of Concours BMW in Milwaukee and they had a silver Z8...Tony, the GM at the time told us they were putting it up for auction because they were unable to fill it. While in Chicago, at the same time, the damn things were going for 6-8K above sticker, if not more.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ That's true, I'll consider that for my next car purchase.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of cars, I'm loving the hot thing with sports car. Matte paint...
aston-martin-dbs-anderson-germany3.jpg
Would match my bike perfectly
smile.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Matte paint is pure sex but damn it is like hell to maintain. It could easily look like **** if not taken care of.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Depends on the brand and marketability.

Bought a new Accord Coupe V6 for $25,000. Sold it 10 months later for $18,000.
Bought a new Evo 8 (SSL package) for $35,000. Sold it almost 2 years later for $22,000.
Bought a new 335i for $45,000. Sold it almost 4 years later for $14,000. (It was not as marketable as it was a stick, and only options were Sirius, sport pckg, and navi).

I'm all for saving for retirement, but you gotta enjoy life too.

lol this is marsupialed

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What car do you have now, wj?

The logical upgrade should've been an M3. But I kinda got out of the car scene. My 335i was on KW coilovers and iForged wheels within 2 weeks. Then I put more crap on and swap crap around.

I now drive a '10 TSX. With .9 APR, I'm only paying $500 a month. The car will be paid off in 36 months. The car is dog slow, but it is good for what it is. I average 28 MPG compare to around 20 with the 335i.

The leatherette was cool because it had no wrinkles at all. It just sucked in the summer time because of the heat and it was unbearable, worse than my Evo..which was black on black.

RFX, I just have to drive a lot, man. Right now I have 8,000 miles on the TSX and I bought it around Xmas time. 35 miles one day to work.
frown.gif

I'm waiting until I complete my MBA and see where my future takes me. As of now, I'm not sure if I will stay in SoCal for a long duration so I don't want anything that will depreciate to great if I should pack up. I'm with you on the arranged marriage right about now, Drew...haha.

PS if I should move back home, RFX you become my auto proxy for fly stuff from the U.S.
smile.gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i had a friend who flew to germany, purchased his bmw 330i, drove it to paris for fun, and flew back and had it shipped to his house. the end cost was same as msrp in the states
The Euro deliver program is great. You may even come out on top with a bigger body like a 7.

Uncontrol, if you think "it's marsupialed"...go check out 6speedonline. You simply aren't into cars...that's plain and simple. It would be as 'marsupialed' as other guys trying to comprehend why you wear make up.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i guess if you're buying and selling cars this much you probably have enough money not to care, but the idea of taking such a huge loss on items you barely used seems insane to me

Barely used? The Accord had like 20k upon selling. Evo had about 45k. I average 2k miles or more per month...hence why I can't lease.

Don't mind me though. I'm postwhoring at work again as always.

This is plebe stuff compared to my friends who switch out cars every few months and take hits bigger than mine like it's nothing.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my friend in LA drives from the valley into LA for work everyday, so he drives his 'beater' BMW - i was surprised he called it a beater but I hadn't seen that dude in 9 years, and back then his e46 was new, lol. He has a black A5 he drives on the weekends I guess. I have forgotten what it's like to have multiple cars, since I live in an apartment that's as big as a regular American garage
ffffuuuu.gif
and
ffffuuuu.gif
at arranged marriages
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads