• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shoes

Q5AxA.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

And what I need next are some suede shoes... Tobacco brown monks. What else.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fred, ndw, ob5 - thanks. That suit is easily my favourite DB. One day, I'm going to go the Far East and get it copied (with a few little adjustments in various places ) and get a few more suits in this cut. Somehow it extends the leg line and slims me down without being tight anywhere. In fact, it's actually looser on me than some other jackets, and yet looks slimmer.

Originally Posted by NOBD
This is not mine, since it's an old picture, but these are my funkiest shoes.

Do you still wear them? They seem way too pointy for you!

Originally Posted by ndw
TGIF Cross post from consrvative thread. Not my craziest shoes, but I had actually forgotten about any challenge.

You and me both, as I mentioned! Funnily enough, I like everything about this look except the shoes. I find wholecuts very tricky. They should be formal, given the lack of adornment, but that very lack of seam somehow makes them casual-looking to my eye. I've never bought any, as a result of this cognitive dissonance re: their place in a wardrobe, but if I had any, I think I'd tend to wear them casually rather than with suits. The shirt/suit/tie combo is wonderful though; the tie adds a nice splash of light-heartedness.

Originally Posted by DerekS
would like some critiques....not sure about the tie...i think it may be a bit too much blue with the tie shirt and jacket.

Jacket is way too tight; look how the lapels bow outward. You may be able to alleviate the effect by reducing the waist suppression, but the real issue is that it just isn't roomy enough for you around the chest.

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Is seersucker popular much in Blighty?

Not really, though it appears occasionally around water on sunny days.

New three-piece suit. Would appreciate comments. I wore it for a few hours; does it seem too wrinkled? The weight is on the lighter side.
Looks pretty good from what I can see. From what I can remember, I've thought some of your jacket's have been a bit too short/tight, but this looks more balanced. A full pic would make judgement easier, of course.

Originally Posted by ethandesu
A very rumpled Saturday look - Ariston Linen, Thomas Mason Shirt, Drakes Knit, White Jeans, Hermes pochette.

Very nice combo; loving the colours and patterns. Are the jacket sleeves a bit too narrow for you though?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow! Nice. Dankzij.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Nice shoes.

Jeans...........not so much
frown.gif

exactly the opposite...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Wow! Nice. Dankzij.

Thank you (dank je)!

(Dankzij = thanks to, as in "Thanks to your Donegal thread, I got a Donegal suit."
smile.gif
Sorry for the
teacha.gif
.)

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I really like the shirt in the acridsheep look the other guy referenced, but personally, I think a mid-grey suit would have worked better with it. A patterned tie might have counterbalanced the strong gingham too, maybe. But the jacket colour is the bigger issue.
s8SFY.jpg
I didn't think a navy suit with a purple gingham shirt would stoke the collective SF colon, but I agree, it would definitely look better with a mid-gray suit. In other news, your fit yesterday was my favorite among many great looks from you over my tenure here.
Originally Posted by spoozy
Nice one again, Acrid, apart from the tie knot...please see the following as a reference of how it´s done
5600692366_18374d02cf_z.jpg
5600110377_d6fc705875_z.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Thanks for the compliment. A few weeks ago that would have been met with arson in my closet, but now that you're kicking ass on a regular basis, I can relax and take it. Nice knot, btw. I have a shitcock of a time getting good knots out knit ties.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
What the hell is a shoe challenge on SF without a Shoe Circle:
IMG_4671.jpg
IMG_4675.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Not much of one, NYR, not much of one. I love the pants too, they remind me of instant apples and cinnamon oatmeal. Bonus when your wardrobe serves as backup meal replacement.
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Thinking shoes with character, how about Black Stallion, National Velvet, and Flicka. These shoes retain the hair just so children understand that these were made from their favorite horse. Better serving ham when watching "Babe", or that special stew when watching 'Silence of the Lambs". The jacket is actually brown and cream cashmere Brioni, Hermes cotton shirt , Ballentyne cashmerre turtleneck , Brunello Cucinelli pants (the Italians seem to like them tight), and the shoes a pair of Italian- made Kenneth Cole Ponytop shoes that I'ver never worn since I got them several years ago.
IPVca.jpg
sAQC7.jpg
[/SPOILER]

You have more style in your thumb than I do in my entire bloodline. I don't have the nuts to wear pretty much everything you wear, but I really admire your fits, and frequently draw inspiration from them.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I was up and out before the light today, so here are some crappy iPhone pics of the shooz..plus an older pic with the same pants for better viewing.
Shoes%20002.jpg
Shoes%20006.jpg
LG-1.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Love 'em.
Originally Posted by DerekS
Heres mine today.....
IMG_3204.jpg
a little closer...
IMG_3210.jpg
would like some critiques....not sure about the tie...i think it may be a bit too much blue with the tie shirt and jacket.
Don't like the tie. Rest looks good.
5602268356_29aa74692a_z.jpg
Looks nice, oh purple gingham shirt provider.
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
A little breezy today...
081.jpg
I hope we never meet, you can't possibly be as cool in real life as you are in these (and most of your other) pics.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yum.
2dc73de9.jpg

Fact: Waffle House sells more "steaks" than any other restaurant in the country. Fact: We are doomed as a culture. Hypothesis: The preceding two facts are related. P.S. Who's gonna win?
Originally Posted by ethandesu
A very rumpled Saturday look - Ariston Linen, Thomas Mason Shirt, Drakes Knit, White Jeans, Hermes pochette.
tumblr_ljdcsestEX1qad1efo1_500.jpg
desu
Nice look.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5602268356_29aa74692a_z.jpg

New three-piece suit. Would appreciate comments. I wore it for a few hours; does it seem too wrinkled? The weight is on the lighter side.

Fabric looks ok, but you clearly have a very low left shoulder, and it's throwing that whole side of the jacket off. I have a low shoulder and sometimes I get away with it, but that's too much. I'd have some padding put in or the jacket picked up at the shoulder if I were going to keep that. Your stance also might be a bit more erect than the jacket is cut for, but I think if the shoulder gets fixed it won't be so obvious.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Ouch... But you're right about the jeans...

can't put my finger on it, though when i compare it to your c&j, i'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads