• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How big a deal is the original box when selling a pair of boots

Aries83

Reaction score
1z1qtec.jpg
"WHAT'S IN DA BAAAAAAAX?" Stick to your guns Atomkun, you are in no way over-reacting over a piece of cardboard, I believe in you!

Atomkun

Reaction score
Yeah, to you and binker it would not have mean anything but to me, it is essential that a seller should send what's has been promised in the sale and if he is not able to fufill any part of the sale, he should have the courtresy to inform me before shipping out or is it so haRd to understand??

The point here is not only the box but his integrity and dishonesty on this issue.. He don't have the common sense to inform me first before shipping out?

You might want to side with him but u should be fair about it. Besides, I did not start a post on this issue but it is him who wants to air it out?

Originally Posted by booyakasha
you don't get what he's trying to say because you're a ******* dumbass. its obvious that he thinks its a ******* joke that you're making a mountain out of a molehill. (pardon me if you don't understand the expression, your command of the english language appears to be quite poor)

and i would have to agree with binker, ITS A ******* BOX FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. so he hurt your feelings because he didnt give you the original box...... WELL BOO ******* HOO!

Boognish

Reaction score
Just out if curiosity, how did you come up with the $14 figure? My show box blue book lists that box at $11 in 10/10 condition.

Atomkun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
get the **** over it, you know the box was just going to sit in your closet anyway

Oh yes, it will but what if one day i decide to sell the boots?

You might be one of those who are ok without the box but there are others too who would pay more or less depending if the box is available..

Besides the main issue here is not just the box but his integrity and dishonesty. Also, I have decided to let the matter go but it is him who wants to start a post on it.

He might be a senior member here but hope u guys can see things fairly and not just because I am new Here..

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow...the White's shoe box isn't much to get worked up about...I have a few sitting around doing nothing...it's just a big oversized shoe box (too big for SD to be honest, I always have to add some padding when I ship SD boots in the original box).

That being said OP...you sold some boots for a couple hundred bucks and misrepresented a minor detail....the guy wants $14....it's not like he's asking for a a ton money or to return the boots, just give it to him.

Honestly, I think getting worked up over a damn White's shoe box is unreasonable...but I think it's also unreasonable to start a whole thread on this when the guy is only asking for $14, which seems a rather paltry sum in the grand scheme of it.

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Honestly, I think getting worked up over a damn White's shoe box is unreasonable...but I think it's also unreasonable to start a whole thread on this when the guy is only asking for $14, which seems a rather paltry sum in the grand scheme of it.

**** is ridiculous.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, in retrospect both of you are marsupials. Of course the buyer is kind of a loon, but to appease idiots like this its best to give in. Especiailly since its just $14, I mean he does deserve it since you made a mistake.

Crooow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boognish
Just out if curiosity, how did you come up with the $14 figure? My show box blue book lists that box at $11 in 10/10 condition.

Lots of great contenders in here, but this is my favorite.
worship.gif

Atomkun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aries83
1z1qtec.jpg

"WHAT'S IN DA BAAAAAAAX?"

Stick to your guns Atomkun, you are in no way over-reacting over a piece of cardboard, I believe in you!

Please open your eyes and see who's the one that decide to start a thread on it.. I respect that it is between the 2 of us and should not concern anyone else but he decide to air it out..

And in case u are wondering, I am more pissed off with his integrity and dishonesty than over the box.
Whether it is a box or any part of the item, the seller should have informed the buyer before sending out the item.. Am I not right?

Aries83

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
yah, in retrospect both of you are marsupials. Of course the buyer is kind of a loon, but to appease idiots like this its best to give in. Especiailly since its just $14, I mean he does deserve it since you made a mistake.

This. Like ******* children in a playground.

edit: "*******" is an adjective and not a verb in this instance...

booyakasha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atomkun
Please open your eyes and see who's the one that decide to start a thread on it.. I respect that it is between the 2 of us and should not concern anyone else but he decide to air it out..

And in case u are wondering, I am more pissed off with his integrity and dishonesty than over the box.
Whether it is a box or any part of the item, the seller should have informed the buyer before sending out the item.. Am I not right?

integrity and dishonesty??? dude, its obvious that he didnt mean to rip you off. he just made the assumption that you wouldn't give a damn about a ******* box. rightly so, most people wouldn't give a **** about the box.

yes, you could say he made a mistake in not letting you know in advance about the "oh so ******* precious" box, but to say that he was dishonest? pretty obvious that he wasn't trying to rip you off. if he was, why the hell would he start this thread and tell the whole world about it?

Atomkun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane

I hope u understand that it is not much about the box but his integrity as a online seller. I, myself have sold stuff online including sneakers and boots and I know how much a og box can affect a sale.. Morever, as I have previously mentioned, I have decided to let the matter rest and let him to try to find the box when hes back in his apt after his spring break and If he still can't find the box, then we can see what to do. either he can refund me the paypal fees Of 14 or I might just let the matter rest..

Let me clarify again.. I did not want to make a big fuss over it as i understand it is between the 2 of us but it is him who wants to air it out..

If anyone is a idiot, it is him as he doesn't have the common sense to inform me before shipping the item out or to keep to personal pm between us instead of starting a thread on it.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I for one, feel sorry for the OP. His integrity is now destroyed
laugh.gif

*#..

Reaction score
Can't believe I wasted my time reading this, 1* threak

Reactions: rio

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads