• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
IMGP0370455x1280.jpg

A bit too much shoulder, Upr? I'm generally a fan, but this week you seem a bit off your game.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
as4911.jpg
[/spoiler]

After yesterday's quantum leap (not perfect, but progress comes in fits and starts [no pun intended]), I'm slightly bewildered by today's fit. I think it may just be that I can no longer get with the narrow lapel.

Originally Posted by TTO
5600697412_9de970090f_b.jpg
[/url]
5600117135_bfab4e05d9_b.jpg
[/url]
-TTO[/spoiler]

Oh, TTO... This whole thing challenges me. Given that I like so much of what you wear, I'll chalk this one up to my own lack of imagination.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
yDU7m.jpg
[/url]

[/spoiler]

Consider this my regular sacrifice at the altar of o/o. Well, except for those mankles. Socks, man!

fred8-shoes.jpg
[/spoiler]

Let's get these in context, please.

Originally Posted by Working Stiff
^^Like those shoes. Hate the socks. You've already got blue soled shoes, you don't need orange socks on top of them. In fact, you don't need orange socks ever.

Wrong.

Originally Posted by luftvier

[/spoiler]

For whatever reason, this SC is DOMINANT in the photos. I suspect it doesn't jump out so much IRL.

Originally Posted by spoozy
5600692366_18374d02cf_z.jpg
5600110377_d6fc705875_z.jpg
Yowza. Spoozy, are you taking the piss?

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Boots-2.jpg
Sir. Ostrich or GTFO. Just sayin'...

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
5602268356_29aa74692a_z.jpg
New three-piece suit. Would appreciate comments. I wore it for a few hours; does it seem too wrinkled? The weight is on the lighter side.

I hatez that. When the fabric perma-crumples like that. Lovely in all other respects, though, Señor Wang.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
081.jpg
That's the same jacket you wore to the SF meetup, no? Reporter steez!

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
2dc73de9.jpg
Trying to figure out where you get Waffle House, lake/bay, and warm weather...
[/url]

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
I guess my family and I picked a good week to be in SF and Wine Country!

Oh, and the driver series was the best! Loved seeing Madonna pissing herself
laugh.gif

Just watched it. I think that was supposed to be the coffee she had in her lap that was supposed to look like her pissing herself.

Also, she's not credited for that.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
I guess my family and I picked a good week to be in SF and Wine Country!

Oh, and the driver series was the best! Loved seeing Madonna pissing herself
laugh.gif

How are you enjoying our side of the world, PA?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
How are you enjoying our side of the world, PA?
Well from March 26 too April 4 we loved it. Like we . do every year. Only this time the weather was in our favor
laugh.gif

tshaw

Reaction score
Panda, what are you doing up at 2:54 a.m.??? I couldn't sleep no more...Have a great day everyone.

confused.gif

ethandesu

Reaction score
A very rumpled Saturday look - Ariston Linen, Thomas Mason Shirt, Drakes Knit, White Jeans, Hermes pochette.
tumblr_ljdcsestEX1qad1efo1_500.jpg
desu

ethandesu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
how do you work at p johnson and armoury?

also - your carmina cordovan boots are
worship.gif

I move back to Hong Kong and The Armoury in 3 weeks, but have really enjoyed working with Patrick the last month or two. A great guy, and a great product.
The shirt is Thomas Mason Silverline, the Royal Twill. The handmade option from P.Johnson with the ruffled shoulder, cuff and yoke detail. Expect PG to be in a few as time goes on.

desu

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch

After yesterday's quantum leap (not perfect, but progress comes in fits and starts [no pun intended]), I'm slightly bewildered by today's fit. I think it may just be that I can no longer get with the narrow lapel.

Bewildered? Sorry you didn't like it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw

^To be honest, at least in the photo, the coat looks like a suiting material and there appears to be too much waist suppression. Khakis, IMO, are very hard to pull off without looking like a schlub, unless you are like Parker, and I think a wool pant would have worked better. I always think comments about tie width in relation to lapels or chest size or whatever are silly, but this tie looks too wide. Cant really tell its color. Finally, PS just looks out of place to me. Can't tell collar fit, but shoulders look nice and it looks like you have a nice watch. SOrry to be harsh, but you asked for a critique. Feel free to disregard my comments.

thanks! The jacket is a linen/wool blend. Hard to tell in the pic. I agree on all counts once it's pointed out to me. Not harsh at all. It's information I need!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition

A little breezy today...

081.jpg

Cool pics, Pete.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yum.
2dc73de9.jpg

I see you are fully enjoyng the South, Spoo.
lol8[1].gif

How did you get your hash browns?

Originally Posted by ethandesu
A very rumpled Saturday look - Ariston Linen, Thomas Mason Shirt, Drakes Knit, White Jeans, Hermes pochette.

tumblr_ljdcsestEX1qad1efo1_500.jpg

desu

I like it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads