• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How big a deal is the original box when selling a pair of boots

alleyooptroop

Reaction score
Long story short, I sold a pair of whites semi dress here. In the thread I advertised as coming in the original box which I thought I had. Little did I know my roommate threw out the original box so I found another box to ship them in. The buyer went ballistic via pm. I've apologized and even offered to send him back $5 as a good will gesture. He says he wants $14. He claims the value of the boots are less now. I can understand this for something like a pair of original Nike Jordan III's. But these are a pair of made to order whites semi dress which are made to be worn and beat up. Don't think they're that collectible.

He's making it sound like I was out to ********* out of money. I've been a member here for a long time and have never scammed anyone. I'll admit to my mistake but I don't think I deserve the vitriol this guy's spitting.

computurd

Reaction score
If its an expensive pair of shoes or a higher end brand I would want the original box to come with it.

If its something like Nikes/Converse/Sperry I wouldnt be too fussed.

That being said I think you should have mentioned to him that you didnt have the original box before sending it off. I might not have been too fussed about it but $14 seems fair, I probably would want more like $20 lol.

Atomkun

Reaction score
Ok, since u want to start a topic on it instead if keeping it personal between us,then let's do it!

For all the people who are gonna post a reply or comment. Please let it be known that when I sounded my interest in the boots in my first pm to him, he says he will ship out the item to me WITH original box. There was no mention of him unable to find the box and roomate throwing away the box blah blah blah.. So I send him the payment with the assumption that I will be getting the full set which includes the original box!

And today AFTER he has send out the item, then he tells me that he can't find the box and has shipped out the boots to me in another box.. After repeated pm to him, then he tells he has shipped out the boots in weaver mocassin box!!! Imagine that! He shipped out a pair of Sd in a weaver mocassins box! If anyone of u is in my shoes, how would you feel?? If he had t old me that he does not have the original box, i would not have bought from him!it is a matter of principal and he is a senior member on both Sufu and this forum.. What's more insulting is when i voice my displeasure at him shipping out without the original box, he tells me curtly:"are u wearing the boots or the box?"

Besides, this is not a cheap pair of boots or sneakers and if I am buying a pair of Jordan 3, I expect to have the box! If not, he should at least have the courtesy or intergity to inform the buyer first!

That being said, I actually have decide to cut him some slack since he is a student and having his spring break and since he mentioned he will look for the box when he goes back to his apartment. However since he wants to start a topic on it, I have no choice but to voice out !

Originally Posted by alleyooptroop
Long story short, I sold a pair of whites semi dress here. In the thread I advertised as coming in the original box which I thought I had. Little did I know my roommate threw out the original box so I found another box to ship them in. The buyer went ballistic via pm. I've apologized and even offered to send him back $5 as a good will gesture. He says he wants $14. He claims the value of the boots are less now. I can understand this for something like a pair of original Nike Jordan III's. But these are a pair of made to order whites semi dress which are made to be worn and beat up. Don't think they're that collectible.

He's making it sound like I was out to ********* out of money. I've been a member here for a long time and have never scammed anyone. I'll admit to my mistake but I don't think I deserve the vitriol this guy's spitting.

Binker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atomkun
then he tells he has shipped out the boots in weaver mocassin box!!! Imagine that! He shipped out a pair of Sd in a weaver mocassins box!

i shudder to even think of it

Atomkun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
i shudder to even think of it

So u can understand how I feel when he told me that after he has posted the boots.. And Now he got the cheek to start a post on it! What would you have done if u were me? Ask him for a refund?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So u can understand how I feel when he told me that after he has posted the boots.. And Now he got the cheek to start a post on it! What would you have done if u were me? Ask him for a refund?

binker may have being sarcastic...
eh.gif

Nomy?

Reaction score
I'd want what was offered in sale, the box can be a deal breaker for some people, i'd say the original box for anything would increase the value about 10 to 15 percent helps the buyer authenticate the item, and helps withe the resale value.

Binker

Reaction score
doubt I wouldve even made it that far, the second my eyes moved across 'weaver mocassins box' i wouldve grabbed the nearest blade and plunged it directly into my heart

Reactions: rio

Nomy?

Reaction score
doubt I wouldve even made it that far, the second my eyes moved across 'weaver mocassins box' i wouldve grabbed the nearest blade and plunged it directly into my heart
LMFAO!!!

Atomkun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nomy¥
I'd want what was offered in sale, the box can be a deal breaker for some people, i'd say the original box for anything would increase the value about 10 to 15 percent helps the buyer authenticate the item, and helps withe the resale value.

Yeah, that's what I have been trying to tell him but he just don't seem to get it.. The point I am trying to put across here is that yes, he may have promised the original box but when he realised that he is not able to find the box when shipping out, he should have the courtesy to let me know if I still want the item or should he refund me? Either way he dont lose out since I have paid the 4%paypal charges and for me to put the refunded amount back to my bank, I will have to incur extra cost on my side!

If i had still agreed to Accept the boots without the og box, then I wouldn't have anything to say but he don't even bother to inform me. That's what makes me so pissed.

Atomkun

Reaction score

I don't really get what u are trying to say here but If u have nothing better to say, then just shut the fark up..

U might be a big supporter of his or a fanboy but try to be fair about it wil you or are u just another student on spring break like him who has no principals or integrity ?

booyakasha

Reaction score
you don't get what he's trying to say because you're a ******* dumbass. its obvious that he thinks its a ******* joke that you're making a mountain out of a molehill. (pardon me if you don't understand the expression, your command of the english language appears to be quite poor)

and i would have to agree with binker, ITS A ******* BOX FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. so he hurt your feelings because he didnt give you the original box...... WELL BOO ******* HOO!

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really get what u are trying to say here but If u have nothing better to say, then just shut the fark up.. U might be a big supporter of his or a fanboy but try to be fair about it wil you or are u just another student on spring break like him who has no principals or integrity ?
Personally, I could care less about the box, but to each his own. No need to call the seller dishonest though, he obviously isn't trying to scam you here.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This my friends.. is an outrage of utmost form. I demand justice, and retribution for such a vile act!!!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads