• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Shoe challenge late entry, channelling Weller circa 1980:

28vvcyp.jpg

20u3dcz.jpg

Careful, you might have your username and avatar revoked.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Heres mine today.....

IMG_3204.jpg

a little closer...
IMG_3210.jpg

would like some critiques....not sure about the tie...i think it may be a bit too much blue with the tie shirt and jacket.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

Nice. Is that a linen sportcoat? Is seersucker popular much in Blighty?
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Celebrating my 25th Birthday Today at work with Abraham Lincoln! The tie is pink and white seersucker.
Looking good. Where did you get such a tie?
Originally Posted by DerekS
IMG_3210.jpg
wold like some critiques....not sure about the tie...i think it may be a bit too much blue with the tie shirt and jacket.

This tie is just ugly, looks like a mall brand. Just the style of stripes, the spacing, and colors are too bold and not pleasant either. The square is also too glossy. Jacket looks fine from this angle, but need to see more to really tell.
5602268356_29aa74692a_z.jpg
New three-piece suit. Would appreciate comments. I wore it for a few hours; does it seem too wrinkled? The weight is on the lighter side.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
lg_4d9f56ff-1afc-4690-996a-749f0a7a1917_1302288127_birthdaysuit.jpg

The shoulder section looked rather boxy to me. I hope it's the angle of the photo.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I was up and out before the light today, so here are some crappy iPhone pics of the shooz..plus an older pic with the same pants for better viewing.

Mike

Hot.
worship.gif

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
28vvcyp.jpg

^You look like you are about to smack my ***** up. Not sure I dislike the coat or the shoes, I just dislike them together. Actually, I dislike the coat. Sorry :/
Originally Posted by DerekS
IMG_3204.jpg

^To be honest, at least in the photo, the coat looks like a suiting material and there appears to be too much waist suppression. Khakis, IMO, are very hard to pull off without looking like a schlub, unless you are like Parker, and I think a wool pant would have worked better. I always think comments about tie width in relation to lapels or chest size or whatever are silly, but this tie looks too wide. Cant really tell its color. Finally, PS just looks out of place to me. Can't tell collar fit, but shoulders look nice and it looks like you have a nice watch. SOrry to be harsh, but you asked for a critique. Feel free to disregard my comments.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition

A little breezy today...

In the first one you look like a new york times reporter who doesn't play by the rules waiting on his contact from the Chinese embassy so that he can spill the beans on a major conspiracy between them and national Jedi Council. Sure, you get yelled at by your editor a lot, but you don't care! The only thing that matters is the truth, and you get the truth.

For the second, your contact is late, and you just know that something is amiss? But who could it be? The chinese? The Jedi? Maybe a mystery third player? In any case, best to keep your eyes peeled.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haha, agreed. Reminds me of Clive Owen in the BMW films.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Haha, agreed. Reminds me of Clive Owen in the BMW films.

I haven't seen alot of his stuff. Was "The International" one of those?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No, but it looks like a similar role for Owen. BMW Films were shorts. Guy Ritchie one is the best.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
That aint no joke.
I guess my family and I picked a good week to be in SF and Wine Country! Oh, and the driver series was the best! Loved seeing Madonna pissing herself
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads