• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strike Gold Jeans from Japan

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya -

Is it at all possible for you guys to order one-offs from your supplier in Japan? I've been trying to track down the SG2101, but can't find it stateside. Or are you just limited to mass orders of a few types? Thanks -

dawei94

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Kiya -

Is it at all possible for you guys to order one-offs from your supplier in Japan? I've been trying to track down the SG2101, but can't find it stateside. Or are you just limited to mass orders of a few types? Thanks -

You can get them from this place: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/sg2101/

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dawei94
You can get them from this place: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/sg2101/

Yeah - this was actually the one place I discovered too. Just wondering if there were any other options, especially given google translate's difficult time with rendering Japanese.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Kiya -

Yup, we can get them for your, same price as the other mud dyed weft jeans.
Just order the 2105 or 2109 and put in the comments what size and model you want instead and we'll order you the jean and get it to you.

Nomy?

Reaction score
Hers some recent pics of my SG2105's after 16 wears, Enjoy!!

Nomy?

Reaction score
Update 39 wears!

really enjoying the way these are turning out!
smile.gif

LankyFellow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nomy¥
Update 39 wears!

really enjoying the way these are turning out!
smile.gif

These are looking great. I just got a pair of the 1105s that I hope start looking that nice once I start wearing them. Have to do a second soak because the first didn't shrink them quite enough and it is killing me that I haven't been able to start wearing them yet.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or do these jeans fade pretty fast - Not that its a bad thing. I like that, you see the evolution quick and makes you wear them harder. Not a fan of the pocket stitching though.

Nomy?

Reaction score
No second soak yet, will do it at 60 wears!

Nomy?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Is it me or do these jeans fade pretty fast - Not that its a bad thing. I like that, you see the evolution quick and makes you wear them harder. Not a fan of the pocket stitching though.
do you mean the rear pocket arcuates?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you mean the rear pocket arcuates?

Pretty sure that's what he means. The SG arcuates are pretty polarizing, personally, I like them, but a lot of people don't.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Pretty sure that's what he means. The SG arcuates are pretty polarizing, personally, I like them, but a lot of people don't.

I personally love them, i think what makes them work is that they're a single needle stitch (like Levi's) which makes them look far more subdued. Regardless, the stitch is 100% cotton and the arcuates start to break in places pretty quickly.

Nomy?

Reaction score
I also like the arcuates that's why I own a pair, the mud weft also convinced me!

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Yup, we can get them for your, same price as the other mud dyed weft jeans.
Just order the 2105 or 2109 and put in the comments what size and model you want instead and we'll order you the jean and get it to you.

Pretty good customer service there.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I also like the arcuates that's why I own a pair, the mud weft also convinced me!
Maybe it's just from the photos but I expected to see a bigger difference between the mud weft and the standards when worn in. They look great, though. I'm really anxious to get my pair in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads